Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could you get one of these over here?

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”

Could you get one of these over here?

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosma...rsion_Kit/2703

if a chap had a AR15 lower on a FAC anyway, could one these be legally
    imported and owned without need for licensing of it?
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

I don't see why not, it states .177 & max velocity 600fps so only around 7ftlbs, & revolver action so no semi-auto issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post

No not if you read this part in red on the page about them Crosman's MAR177 is an AR-15 upper and attaches to an AR-15 lower. The lower is a firearm. The upper shown on this page is an airgun. Putting an airgun upper on a firearm lower does not make the entire unit an airgun. It's still a firearm in the eyes of the law. Do not shoot this in areas and locales that do not allow discharging a firearm, as you may be cited for violating the law.

Yes, I quite fancy one

Want me to order you one?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    No not if you read this part in red on the page about them Crosman's MAR177 is an AR-15 upper and attaches to an AR-15 lower. The lower is a firearm. The upper shown on this page is an airgun. Putting an airgun upper on a firearm lower does not make the entire unit an airgun. It's still a firearm in the eyes of the law. Do not shoot this in areas and locales that do not allow discharging a firearm, as you may be cited for violating the law.
    Not going to argue but the question was "could you get one over here" if you already have the lower on ticket, and I can't see how they could insist the air rifle part was classed as FAC.

and the term "cited" is American one.

Yes, something like that.

I ask as if I buy a moderator and put it on a FAC rifle, it becomes an FAC part in circumstances where another example of the same moderator on an non-FAC air rifle sat next to it in the cabinet is not.

Would therefore putting this upper on a FAC lower have the same effect to the upper, was the question.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Yes, I quite fancy one

Want me to order you one?

Hang fire for now but if I get a AR type .22 semi auto for gallery rifle stuff I will be wanting one!

Would therefore putting this upper on a FAC lower have the same effect to the upper, was the question.
    Yes

But then if you have an open licence you could use it in your garden anyway

You need a proper AR lower then not one of the Umarex clones

Yes, something like that.

I ask as if I buy a moderator and put it on a FAC rifle, it becomes an FAC part in circumstances where another example of the same moderator on an non-FAC air rifle sat next to it in the cabinet is not.

I think that is as close a comparable as you are going to get.

Why not get an FAC version of the air rifle, add it to your ticket and then there will be no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Yes

But then if you have an open licence you could use it in your garden anyway

You need a proper AR lower then not one of the Umarex clones

A man buys one Umarex pistol and for the rest of his life his so-called friends...

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    I think that is as close a comparable as you are going to get.

Why not get an FAC version of the air rifle, add it to your ticket and then there will be no problems.
    Indeed, if it's going to end up licensed then one may as well go full-fat.

Is a lower classed as a firearm in UK law? Or just parts of the US? The crossman website statement is aimed at the yanks.

From a position of ignorance of what makes up an AR but isn't it just a stock with a trigger unit and magazine? No barrel or breech? I can buy both replacement stocks, triggers and magazines without having an FAC.

Saying that, I'm not sure I'd want one.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Is a lower classed as a firearm in UK law? Or just parts of the US? The crossman website statement is aimed at the yanks.

From a position of ignorance of what makes up an AR but isn't it just a stock with a trigger unit and magazine? No barrel or breech? I can buy both replacement stocks, triggers and magazines without having an FAC.

Saying that, I'm not sure I'd want one.
    A lower receiver is normally listed on ones FAC, even though its not pressure bearing .

Ummmmm 😀I would have liked one of those .
    When I had Ar15s , I had a southern Gun one , there was a Serial number on the lower and the .22 upper (Victor arms ) I also had a . 223 upper also with a serial number and all went on the FAC .
    I understand Bulbarrels thoughts on the upper and lower , but if plinking in the back garden with air rifle upper on FAC lower and plod was called ...... on examination of rifle , it wouldn't go down well .

Paul

Read up on "component"parts. If the firearm will not fire without it, then it's a "component part" & as such is treated as a firearm in its own right.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!