Thread: "Landsskytterstevnet"

"Landsskytterstevnet"

"Landsskytterstevnet" it is the Norwegian national rifle championship for all the disciplines within "Det frivillige Skyttervesen" (national rifle shooting association) and is one of Norway's largest annual sporting events. Men and women of all ages contend for the title as either "Shooting King" or "Shooting Queen" and "Shooting Prince" or "Shooting Princess".

This years event has about 5000 contestants and run from July 27 to August 4.

Livestream: https://livestream.com/accounts/25603601/events/7608999
    Last edited by vestlenning; 02-08-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Some very good coverage their once you get past the adverts. I watched a prone fullbore match yesterday. Phenomenal lady shooters
    Different class.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    That's 300 mt, shot with very trick 6 mmBR or 6 mmX rifles, the rules are near enough the same as .22, just with a bigger calibre and at 300 metres, we have a thriving UK club at Bisley, the GB300M club, it has a website and a facebook site. The most popular event is the 60 shot prone, but it is also shot 3 positional as well.

Indoor firing point, electronic targets, the UK range is in the "Shed" at range 10 on Century range at Bisley, the most popular calibres are the lower recoil 6 mm ones, but the rules allow any thing up to 8 mm, so it can be shot quite successfully with NRA 7.62 target rifles.

The next date is 26th/27th Aug, a training event, then a training day 7th Oct, and the BFRC match on the 8th, all at Bisley.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I think many use the Sauer STR (Scandinavian Target Rifle), which was designed to replace the various M96 and M98 Mausers and Krags still in use.

Not in 300 mt Tim, those military based rifles are as antique as a 12/15 is in small bore, they are all now G&E, Keppeler, Bleiker, Bix'n'Andi, are the most common in use.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Can you imagine

Imagine a comp - national - with 5000 signed up shooters ever happening here in the UK ! I wanna live in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Not in 300 mt Tim, those military based rifles are as antique as a 12/15 is in small bore, they are all now G&E, Keppeler, Bleiker, Bix'n'Andi, are the most common in use.
    Which is why the STR was introduced. It's cheaper than a Free Rifle, and has a magazine for the rapid fire stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Imagine a comp - national - with 5000 signed up shooters ever happening here in the UK ! I wanna live in Norway
    Yes, it's a very likeable thing!

The winner of this years 200 meter mixed positions is a woman and hence earned the title "shooting queen". First leg = 25 shots standing, kneeling and prone, last leg = 10 shots prone, 35 shots in total, max 350 points. "Shooting queen": 349 points. Second place, also a woman: 348 points. Not bad, remember 349 points is one 9er and the rest are 10s!

"Shooting queen 2017", 22 years old Katrine Aannestad Lund: http://www.skyting.no/2017/08/03/kat...ytterdronning/

Katrine outshot many guys twice her age or more, impressing.
    Last edited by vestlenning; 06-08-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    Which is why the STR was introduced. It's cheaper than a Free Rifle, and has a magazine for the rapid fire stages.
    I did not see the coverage, so those events were not ISSF 300 mt free rifle, so its more like a military comp than international 300 mt free rifle, which is shot just like small bore just with a bigger bang.

If you're at Bisley for the small bore meeting Tim, we will be there only on the Sunday Aug 13th in the zero range, to zero our Keppelers as we have new tubes, you are welcome to come and have a look. Not sure when likely mid/late afternoon.

I did not see the coverage, so those events were not ISSF 300 mt free rifle, so its more like a military comp than international 300 mt free rifle, which is shot just like small bore just with a bigger bang.

If you're at Bisley for the small bore meeting Tim, we will be there only on the Sunday Aug 13th in the zero range, to zero our Keppelers as we have new tubes, you are welcome to come and have a look. Not sure when likely mid/late afternoon.
    I was thinking it seemed like the old NRA Service disciplines.

Sadly I'm not at Bisley for the Weekend, though it is the year. I'm stranded in Somerset.

I think its closest to our CSR (Civilian Service Rifle) now very popular here but shot with military looking rifles, and also historic classes (rifles, Enfields, etc, not the shooters!). Being an ISSF shooter its not my thing, but its great seeing lots of people joining our sport

Oh well Tim, perhaps some day you can escape the west country, 300 mt is very addictive, very satisfying, small bore with a big bang, and a bit more distance, we are getting a few prominent small bore shooters coming over now, and finding its very challenging, (most a bit more than they expected!)

Sorry Vestlenning for hijacking your thread, its great seeing a country with so enthusiastic a following. Is your National meeting open to guests from out side Norway?

Have Fun
    Robin

Sorry Vestlenning for hijacking your thread, its great seeing a country with so enthusiastic a following. Is your National meeting open to guests from out side Norway?
    No problem. Not sure about foreigners, but I think it's for Norwegians only.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    To be fair, we split ourselves out a little more. Some of the disciplines sound more akin to CSR - if you rolled in the Imperial meeting, Smallbore Shoots and CSR type stuff then you'd get a nice 4-figure number of entrants, but we're spread across the NRA and NSRA and multiple, discipline-specific Championships. The Imperial is July, the CSR guys shoot through the winter, the Phoenix in May.

That said, clearly entries per-capita clearly blows the UK out the water. 5k competitors in Norway would be equivalent to 63,000 entries to a UK Championship
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation