Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I sell it too cheap?......

Did I sell it too cheap?......

Sold a s410 superlight rifle t'other day complete with zoom scope,case and bipod for £325......just seen this ad on that infamous site https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sel...air-rifle/view and now it has got me thinking I sold to cheap.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Depends on the condition and what scope, bipod yours came with. Good condition, with basic no frills scope and generic bipod I would say £400,ish give or take

he must have sneezed and his finger jumped onto the 9 when typing the advert.

Quote Originally Posted by EastmidsHD View Post
    he must have sneezed and his finger jumped onto the 9 when typing the advert.
    Thats what I thought .......you can buy them new for less

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Trumpetier is on the money for me - the guy placing the ad should be reported for drug abuse, you just know he was high when he posted that figure?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

You can advertise for what ever price you want, doesn't mean your going to get it.
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

I would say that if the rifle you sold gave you many years of good service and put a smile on your face and you got your asking price then all is as it should be. If the buyer got him/herself a bit of a bargain then look at it this way, that same person will now have a share in the fun you once had.

Don't let sellers remorse get in the way, life's too short and I should know. I like Gibson guitars, especially Les Pauls , unknowingly I once undersold a very nice "1955/74 Special" and it ate into me for ages afterwards but you cannot turn back the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Sold a s410 superlight rifle t'other day complete with zoom scope,case and bipod for £325......just seen this ad on that infamous site https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sel...air-rifle/view and now it has got me thinking I sold to cheap.
    I'd say so depending on the condition and the scope ofcourse.

A.G

Worth a gramd all day lomg m8. I have an old pair of socks I'm selling for £500 if your feet are cold....
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    I would say that if the rifle you sold gave you many years of good service and put a smile on your face and you got your asking price then all is as it should be. If the buyer got him/herself a bit of a bargain then look at it this way, that same person will now have a share in the fun you once had.

Don't let sellers remorse get in the way, life's too short and I should know. I like Gibson guitars, especially Les Pauls , unknowingly I once undersold a very nice "1955/74 Special" and it ate into me for ages afterwards but you cannot turn back the clock.
    Hardly used it,less than a tin of pellets but did have a nick in the rear of the stock and a bit of damage to the barrel.....I got what I thought the rifle was worth so I have no remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by zpaulg View Post
    Worth a gramd all day lomg m8. I have an old pair of socks I'm selling for £500 if your feet are cold....
    Any hole damage?...could be up for them but need more details first.

It doesn't matter what the asking price is, an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay

Weebster, the socks being used do indeed have holes. This makes them holy and as such religious artifacts. I believe I may have under valued them hence price is now £650! You may blame Brexit on the increase if you wish, everyone else seems to......
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Weebster, the socks being used do indeed have holes. This makes them holy and as such religious artifacts. I believe I may have under valued them hence price is now £650! You may blame Brexit on the increase if you wish, everyone else seems to......
    Don't tell me your selling those ltd edition socks in left hand only! you will regret it as soon as they walk out the door.

How you doing Paul ?

Regards Gordon.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Its times like these when these ad's appear on that site when I know we need a online national register of stolen gun serial numbers that can be checked out in seconds. He's been very busy 'buying' and selling this fella...hmmm.
    I would want plod to track his address and pay him a visit for a little chat.

Oh well thats me out then,price is ok but I'm an atheist and couldn't possibly burden my tootsies with mumbojumbo garments.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Its times like these when these ad's appear on that site when I know we need a online national register of stolen gun serial numbers that can be checked out in seconds. He's been very busy 'buying' and selling this fella...hmmm.
    I would want plod to track his address and pay him a visit for a little chat.
    How do you know hes been busy 'buying & selling?