Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baikal IZH 46M

Baikal IZH 46M

Hi guys, I just bought a Baikal IZH 46M. I know it's a bit overkill for my simple plinking needs, but I just love the all metal engineering and unusual design. I'm using RWS R10 pistol pellets, and am really amazed by the accuracy. Was wondering what pellets other owners use. Any recommendations? Thanks John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Wow you must have loads of money if you're using R10's for plinking
    Hobbies are just as good and half the price, a lot of folk in our club used R10's but all now use hobbies.

Hth

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Bisley Practice:

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/category...s-.177-bisley/

Less than a fiver for 500, and in a proper screw-top tin!

I find they're less of a tight fit than Hobby, and they're made by RWS(?)

IZH-46 AKA the Industrial Stapler.

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought a Baikal IZH 46M. I know it's a bit overkill for my simple plinking needs, but I just love the all metal engineering and unusual design. I'm using RWS R10 pistol pellets, and am really amazed by the accuracy. Was wondering what pellets other owners use. Any recommendations? Thanks John.
    These are one of the most accurate pistols I have ever owned, had the 46 and 46 M, difference between them about half an inch in length and 40 f.p.s. output.
    Got a pic somewhere where I shot a small group from benchrest at 50 metres. They are not really pellet fussy.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

izh46 pellets.

Thanks guys, Hobbies were the first ones I tried as I normally find they're ok in pretty much any thing, but they wernt that good in the IZH46 and very tight in the barrel. The RWS R10s seem a good fit and definatly seem more accurate, they are £6.99 per tin at my local shop,(not the indiviually packed ones) which didn't seem too bad to me. I will try some Bisley Practice as recommended. Thanks. John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

I sold mine to Baz.
    It was happy with Gecos.

Izzy

I bought one....love it.... now don't shoot my FWB....damn...i also fitted aftermarket laminate grips....much better.

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I bought one....love it.... now don't shoot my FWB....damn...i also fitted aftermarket laminate grips....much better.
    Where'd you get them from? Rink?

They look great, but at over 200 euros, a bit rich for me.

http://www.formgriffe.de/u/179179358...chichtholz.JPG

Hi

I use Hobby's and GECO's in mine - the Hobbys are a tighter fit but after 15k of them through the barrel, it seems to have loosened up a bit or I'm just getting better at seating them

Have you tried shaping your grip - I could barely shoot mine for more than 10 mins when I got it but a few hours whittling away and it fits like a glove:

I've put some photos here:

https://goo.gl/photos/2kYTyzMKupZ7ZVjK9

These also show my adjustable bench reset and the wedge I made for my IZH46m.

You could join us in the MPL - your IZH should be perfect for the job.

HTH

Paul

Grips

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Where'd you get them from? Rink?

They look great, but at over 200 euros, a bit rich for me.

http://www.formgriffe.de/u/179179358...chichtholz.JPG
    Hi mine came from Steve Corcoran at Woods and Waters outdoors.....just Google 'Baikel 46m grips'....real easy to deal with and great product.

Mark T

Joncaddy,

My '46M is usually fed RWS R10 Pistol (7.0 gr.) and/or JSB Match (Green, 7.33 gr.), and it shoots both of these equally accurately.

WRT 'field' pellets, the Izzy also shoots JSB RS, Express & Exact really well too

I really like my Izzy

From the shooting I have done from the bench at 10 to 20 meters, the Izzy has matched the grouping of my FWB65 & Diana Mod 10 vintage springers.

Just make sure you keep the seals well lubricated - I use motorcycle fork oil (Fuchs/Silkolene SAE 30).

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Joncaddy,

My '46M is usually fed RWS R10 Pistol (7.0 gr.) and/or JSB Match (Green, 7.33 gr.), and it shoots both of these equally accurately.

WRT 'field' pellets, the Izzy also shoots JSB RS, Express & Exact really well too

I really like my Izzy

From the shooting I have done from the bench at 10 to 20 meters, the Izzy has matched the grouping of my FWB65 & Diana Mod 10 vintage springers.

Just make sure you keep the seals well lubricated - I use motorcycle fork oil (Fuchs/Silkolene SAE 30).

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    I borrowed one for a period of 2 months and put 2 tins of Excite wadcutters through it (£2.99 from Knibbs)
    Crazy accurate with those ....found the tigher fitting Hobby not so good and H&N match finale outstanding but a tenner a tin.
    I gave it back with mixed feelings. Super accurate but quite an unwieldly and none pistol looking piece of kit.
    The gun in question had the grip mods aforementioned but didnt suit me.
    I wouldnt mind trying an ambi sports grip should one ever come out as a sport pistol.
    Last edited by clarky; 05-08-2017 at 03:56 PM.

The 46m was my first competition pistol, and it won me a few local matches. An excellent air pistol though too heavy for me, so I set about making it lighter. Managed to get it down to 1070 grams before I moved on to a Pardini pistol. This picture shows my finished 46m along with a stock pistol for comparison.
    http://www.luthier.ca/other/forum/46m.jpg

I detailed much of what was done in this thread:
    http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=46632&p=221299

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I sold mine to Baz.
    It was happy with Gecos.
    I chronied mine using Hobby and Geco, out of 5 shots with each, the average velocity was identical (462fps). The spread/deviation was less with Geco, which was a pleasant surprise, as they are the least expensive. Performance might vary between pellets and tins.

Geco's for practice, then r10's for competitions.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.