Thread: Baikal IZH 46M

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Baikal IZH 46M

Hi guys, I just bought a Baikal IZH 46M. I know it's a bit overkill for my simple plinking needs, but I just love the all metal engineering and unusual design. I'm using RWS R10 pistol pellets, and am really amazed by the accuracy. Was wondering what pellets other owners use. Any recommendations? Thanks John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Wow you must have loads of money if you're using R10's for plinking
    Hobbies are just as good and half the price, a lot of folk in our club used R10's but all now use hobbies.

Hth

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Bisley Practice:

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/category...s-.177-bisley/

Less than a fiver for 500, and in a proper screw-top tin!

I find they're less of a tight fit than Hobby, and they're made by RWS(?)

IZH-46 AKA the Industrial Stapler.

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought a Baikal IZH 46M. I know it's a bit overkill for my simple plinking needs, but I just love the all metal engineering and unusual design. I'm using RWS R10 pistol pellets, and am really amazed by the accuracy. Was wondering what pellets other owners use. Any recommendations? Thanks John.
    These are one of the most accurate pistols I have ever owned, had the 46 and 46 M, difference between them about half an inch in length and 40 f.p.s. output.
    Got a pic somewhere where I shot a small group from benchrest at 50 metres. They are not really pellet fussy.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

izh46 pellets.

Thanks guys, Hobbies were the first ones I tried as I normally find they're ok in pretty much any thing, but they wernt that good in the IZH46 and very tight in the barrel. The RWS R10s seem a good fit and definatly seem more accurate, they are £6.99 per tin at my local shop,(not the indiviually packed ones) which didn't seem too bad to me. I will try some Bisley Practice as recommended. Thanks. John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

I sold mine to Baz.
    It was happy with Gecos.

Izzy

I bought one....love it.... now don't shoot my FWB....damn...i also fitted aftermarket laminate grips....much better.

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I bought one....love it.... now don't shoot my FWB....damn...i also fitted aftermarket laminate grips....much better.
    Where'd you get them from? Rink?

They look great, but at over 200 euros, a bit rich for me.

http://www.formgriffe.de/u/179179358...chichtholz.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I sold mine to Baz.
    It was happy with Gecos.
    I chronied mine using Hobby and Geco, out of 5 shots with each, the average velocity was identical (462fps). The spread/deviation was less with Geco, which was a pleasant surprise, as they are the least expensive. Performance might vary between pellets and tins.

Geco's for practice, then r10's for competitions.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Can I ask where you purchased this gun from?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrowMan View Post
    Can I ask where you purchased this gun from?
    See thread #20; Protek Supplies.

Also available from the SGC....but the price has gone up a lot in 2 years (showing £416.99 today), when they were previously available from the SGC for £275 .......Admittedly that was an exceedingly good price
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 13-09-2017 at 05:56 PM.

There's one of these in http://www.continentalshooting.co.uk/ last time I was there a couple weeks back
    Donald

izh46m

As I said in post #20 i got mine from Protek Supplies. They normally have one in stock, but Vic was explaining to me today that there is some issues at the moment with Russian imports and any Russian stuff is getting difficult to get hold of. So perhaps try to source one through one of the European websites. John.

As I said in post #20 i got mine from Protek Supplies. They normally have one in stock, but Vic was explaining to me today that there is some issues at the moment with Russian imports and any Russian stuff is getting difficult to get hold of. So perhaps try to source one through one of the European websites. John.
    I think you will find that following the Russian covert invasion of parts of Ukraine in 2014, a combination of various international sanctions have basically stopped their exports to the EU and US of "weapons".

Not doing politics, though I personally am deeply unhappy by recent Russian adventurism and their blatant and illegal violations of Ukranian sovereignty, but this is a consequence of recent events.