Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baikal IZH 46M

I had no trouble scoring 553/600 in three competitions, using RWS Diablolo Basic in two of them, Pardini competition pellets in the third. That's as high as I made it in pistol competitions before injuring a shoulder while working out with weights. Can still shoot 540, using whatever pellet is handy, and mostly shoot H&N Finale Match as I bought quite a few of those. But Diabolo Basics have been shown by a number of tests (look around on targettalk, especially for posts by 'Rover') to be within 1% of the accuracy of high-end pellets like the R10. Considering the vast price difference it seems not to make sense to go for the fancy pellets unless one is at or at least very close to Olympic level as a competitor. A 1mm difference in group size at 10 metres isn't even close to as significant as the typical 15mm or more difference between a casual pistol shooter and a top level shooter.

best pellet in IZH46M

Thanks guys, seems like the RWS r10 are pretty well recommended so I will stick with them. Clarky, just love your description of the IZH46 "A none pistol looking piece of kit" excellent description! That just why I like it. John.
    Last edited by Joncaddy; 13-08-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Sorry to butt in, I tried a izzy and loved it-been searching for a dealer who stocks them for months now but nothing. No UK stock at all it seems, if anyone knows of any supplier that may be able to help please drop me a message,

I also second the bisley practice pellet. Cheap as chips and good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrytom View Post
    Sorry to butt in, I tried a izzy and loved it-been searching for a dealer who stocks them for months now but nothing. No UK stock at all it seems, if anyone knows of any supplier that may be able to help please drop me a message,

I also second the bisley practice pellet. Cheap as chips and good quality.
    Have you tried SGC?

https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/baikal-mp-46m-177

Not showing as in stock right now, but available to order?

Izh 46

I got mine from Protek Supplies, they normally seem to have one in stock.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Sportsman gc are out of stock with no date of a delivery unfortunately.

I shall email protek today.
    Many thanks

I want one of these pistols also, I have contacted nearly every dealer in the southwest without any success of locating one. If anyone knows of a dealer with one for sale or someone whom might wish to sell one privately please PM me thanks.

Regards,
    Devon

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I went into SGC Exeter today and they had one.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

It seems after my last post, amd like you say scg Exeter have a used one for sale at a good price.

I have put my money down online tonight and I hope I have managed to purchase it.

Fingers crossed!

Another for R10's although Geco's seem just as good, I normally have R10's at hand more often.

Great pistol and superbly accurate
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

It seems after my last post, amd like you say scg Exeter have a used one for sale at a good price.

I have put my money down online tonight and I hope I have managed to purchase it.

Fingers crossed!
    Good luck. And if it pays off, you'll owe Tinbum a small dry sherry.

Tinbum,
    Many thanks for the heads up in the izzy.
    It's winging it's way to my rfd as we speak.

I am probably going to start another thread regarding the pistol as it does not come with a case, tools or manual so I need to source those if anyone can help.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Good news! I saw it and would have bought it myself if I hadn't been there specifically for (yet another) Baikal Mak.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Tinbum,
    Many thanks for the heads up in the izzy.
    It's winging it's way to my rfd as we speak.

I am probably going to start another thread regarding the pistol as it does not come with a case, tools or manual so I need to source those if anyone can help.
    http://stevespages.com/pdf/eaa_izh46.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Good news! I saw it and would have bought it myself if I hadn't been there specifically for (yet another) Baikal Mak.
    Gah, you could have had my T16 version at a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought a Baikal IZH 46M. I know it's a bit overkill for my simple plinking needs, but I just love the all metal engineering and unusual design. I'm using RWS R10 pistol pellets, and am really amazed by the accuracy. Was wondering what pellets other owners use. Any recommendations? Thanks John.
    Can I ask where you purchased this gun from?