Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bad deal bsa lightning

bad deal bsa lightning

I bought an airgun off a member on here last week for my grandson and this item was received with more damage than on the original post and worst of all the safety catch isn't even working. I have taken full photos of the damage and videos showing the damage and the non-working safety.i notified the seller straight away that I wanted to return the item but he hasn,t replied. he has been on here twice since.i contacted an admin on here previously to update him.he recommended waiting 4-5 days then he would pm him .i said I would providing he didn't go back on here in the meantime. if he did I would put up a post to warn others .he has been back on here twice since he sold me the airgun a bsa lightning but hasnt responded to my request for a return and refund including return postage . I took it from his non response that he intends doing nothing.so this is intended to warn other people about my purchase just in case they want to deal with this man. i have sent a pm to the admin concerned straight . I have put up a reply to the original sales post but have been advised by the admin dealing with the case to put up a post on here otherwise his original post will be deleted. i will name the man responsible on this forum unless he contacts me within the next 24 hours to accept a return and full refund .

Caveat emptor.....i would never deal with someone with less than 500 posts that I can't meet face to face....

Does the safety not work at all when you move the safety..as they are not automatic on the lightning.

What other damage is there other than the stock scratches..is the stock cracked at the front ...just in front of the screws..also put a straight edge on the barrel .see if it's true...lightnings are prone to being fired open and then lots of damage is caused...

Hopefully you will get a refund..I never when i bought a scirocco 2000 a few years ago for £280 ..good luck
    Last edited by Rocket launcher; 07-08-2017 at 06:03 AM.

From what I can see, every one of your 230-odd posts on this forum is either in the Sales section or otherwise sales-related.

'Karma' is the word that springs to mind.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Just a thought, I don't think that £135 all in is too bad for the deal, providing the damage isn't terrible. I would have thought the safety was an easy job, and the scope if in good order would be worth £30. I know its a pain when things were not quite as expected, but I have found peoples perceptions of condition are highly subjective.

Find sales thread and print it so you have a hard copy.
    If seller won't respond then pay the fee and take it to the small claims court.
    I know this is a hassle but if the goods are not as described you have every right for a refund.

Name and shame the individual so other honest members don't suffer the same fate.

Good luck

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    From what I can see, every one of your 230-odd posts on this forum is either in the Sales section or otherwise sales-related.

'Karma' is the word that springs to mind.
    Hang on! Karma?

Does this mean a member who frequents the sales section mostly / regularly is a bad person in some way

Do explain please.

Canterbury is a pleasant place this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Canterbury is a pleasant place this time of year.

Despite everything the seller should reply and try to sort. The gun still seems a good buy and two lots of postage is nearly £30, so surely a partial refund to cover the broken safety and extra marks is in order. If the gun is a wreck then full refund is expected, but suspect this is not the case. Come on guys get it sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post

Does this mean a member who frequents the sales section mostly / regularly is a bad person in some way
    No - it means that someone who only​ frequents the sales section and contributes bugger all else to the forum, then bleats on General Airgun that (he believes) he's been ripped off, has maybe suffered a dose of Karma.
    Last edited by Airsporter1st; 07-08-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

I'd say it depends on what you're calling "damage", It's an old airgun which has been used so signs of "fair wear & tear" are to be expected, any deep scratches, like the ones shown on the sales thread should be declared (as they were) any broken parts should obviously have been declared, but frankly what do you expect for that price ??

The seller not responding is however not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    No - it means that someone who only​ frequents the sales section and contributes bugger all else to the forum, then bleats on General Airgun that (he believes) he's been ripped off, has maybe suffered a dose of Karma.
    No mate, he isn't bleating. OP certainly doesn't deserve to have been sold a pup. But, some how I know you know it too, don't you

As has been said, some people's idea of fair condition can differ greatly.
    If it's easy to sort the safety I'd get it sorted and call it a day. You know not to deal with the seller again

Bad deal

Celticcrusader sorry to here about you probs,I've been there so now how you feel,but you need to change your "lodge" wink wink say no more.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I'd say it depends on what you're calling "damage", It's an old airgun which has been used so signs of "fair wear & tear" are to be expected, any deep scratches, like the ones shown on the sales thread should be declared (as they were) any broken parts should obviously have been declared, but frankly what do you expect for that price ??

The seller not responding is however not acceptable.
    I would expect walnut stock, truglo open sights and a Quattro trigger....

https://www.solware.co.uk/edgar-brot...-177-air-rifle