Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bad deal bsa lightning

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    No mate, he isn't bleating. OP certainly doesn't deserve to have been sold a pup. But, some how I know you know it too, don't you
    TBH, I don't know whether he deserves it or not.

I do know:

a) That the seller has not yet put his side of the story across and in the past, people have been too quick to condemn a seller on just the word of the buyer - only to have had egg on their faces.
    b) As has been said above, 'condition' is somewhat subjective. Ones man's fair is another's basket case.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    TBH, I don't know whether he deserves it or not.

I do know:

a) That the seller has not yet put his side of the story across and in the past, people have been too quick to condemn a seller on just the word of the buyer - only to have had egg on their faces.
    b) As has been said above, 'condition' is somewhat subjective. Ones man's fair is another's basket case.
    NO. You said very clearly that the OP has karma which implies he deserves being striped up whether he actually has or not.
    Stop wriggling mate.

what ever the price is paid I would not sell any airgun or expect anyone else to sell one which has a safety and it doesn't work irrespective of the other damage marks /dents /which weren,t on the original post,or the trigger which has a ridiculous high pull to actually activate the trigger .i have contacted the seller several times since receiving it and he has been on here again today ,which makes it 3 times . he still hasn.t replied to my pms ,or this post. i informed him I was putting a post on here about the deal before I actually posted it..i would welcome his comments by pm or on here . in the meantime I will try to fix the the safety problem myself otherwise it is all dead money. I didn't expect a minter but if there are other dents /scratches etc all that's needed is to put age related wear/scratches on the description ,not 1 scratch. what I expect from any sale is a safe gun and that's what everybody should get and send. the purpose is to say that anyone dealing with him in future especially buying to be aware .good luck

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    NO. You said very clearly that the OP has karma which implies he deserves being striped up whether he actually has or not.
    Stop wriggling mate.
    If I was wriggling, I'd happily stop.

Would you care to quote from my post where I have, according to you, "said very clearly that the OP has karma"?

I'm afraid you are trying to imply far more from my post than was ever intended, but if it keeps you happy, far be it from me to discourage your ramblings.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    If I was wriggling, I'd happily stop.

Would you care to quote from my post where I have, according to you, "said very clearly that the OP has karma"?

I'm afraid you are trying to imply far more from my post than was ever intended, but if it keeps you happy, far be it from me to discourage your ramblings.
    Ramblings being your comments about 'Karma'

To the OP. I do hope you get this sorted out and the seller eventually explain his side. A1st seems to be his Oppo it seems.

legged up

CelticC,I fully agree with you and unlike some on here I'll be your mate and he can have his 'oppo's another little thing that is creeping into ads on some sites and admags what pizzzza's me off "selling for a mate"are the mates unable to communicate or are they "closet traders" finding a loophole and there are a lot on here, if they are trade they should say so or are the mods looking for a quiet life and turn a blind eye.

This is a private sale and the seller has no obligation to offer a refund.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Did you pay for the item through PayPal ? Correct me if I am wrong but if you aren't happy with the sale you can ask paypal for a refund .

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    Did you pay for the item through PayPal ? Correct me if I am wrong but if you aren't happy with the sale you can ask paypal for a refund .
    As far as I know, buying any sort of 'real' gun via Paypal is banned. If they find out, they will probably ban you rather than make any refund.

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    Yes you are wrong I'm afraid. Even if you used the 'normal' paypal service their protection is specifically excluded from any transaction 'shooting related'. If you used the 'friends and family' you have absolutely no recourse as this service is only used to transmit funds between 'friends and family' NOT for settlement for the purchase of goods or services.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyonsofor View Post
    CelticC,I fully agree with you and unlike some on here I'll be your mate and he can have his 'oppo's another little thing that is creeping into ads on some sites and admags what pizzzza's me off "selling for a mate"are the mates unable to communicate or are they "closet traders" finding a loophole and there are a lot on here, if they are trade they should say so or are the mods looking for a quiet life and turn a blind eye.
    Agree with all of this. Thanks for your input on this. I do hope 'karma' visits our silly friend airsporter1st and he zip traps his willy doing up his trousers

Bsa

When someone or body who portrays to be "Private" describes a item "in good overall condition" I would expect that to be a 8 out 10 with no faults otherwise the item comes under "Misrepresentation" under the sale of goods act.

Lmao....mods turning a blind eye on the BBS!.... obviously you haven't been a member long enough to see how hard the mods work on here, a ridiculous statement to make.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

When someone or body who portrays to be "Private" describes a item "in good overall condition" I would expect that to be a 8 out 10 with no faults otherwise the item comes under "Misrepresentation" under the sale of goods act.
    The sale of goods act doesn't apply to private sale the same as a trade sale. A description takes into account age and an item which is ageing and described as good overall can have evidence of it's age such as fair wear and tear.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Yes you are wrong I'm afraid. Even if you used the 'normal' paypal service their protection is specifically excluded from any transaction 'shooting related'. If you used the 'friends and family' you have absolutely no recourse as this service is only used to transmit funds between 'friends and family' NOT for settlement for the purchase of goods or services.
    So any 'shooting related' item will not be covered by paypal payment😱 I can understand guns but anything related can't surely be included ! I've sold and bought many gun related items over the years on and have even had refunds on items not up to scratch i.e. Gun bipod / scope ,which I believe are gun related ! So I suspect it just relates to the actual sale of guns themselves and related items may be let through ,so to speak ? Still ,I've learnt something today and thanks .Mike