Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post
Thanks Tac, it would be through the Euroarms Rogers & Spencer I hope to acquire.

The mould was one ingot as part part of a job lot and hopefully will turn out a clean bullet after I have tidied it up a bit.

I will I'll be using the mould anyway for a .45 Colt gallery rifle which is also on the cards and so it's not loss if it isn't possible.

i think the mould was originally intended to make bullets for a 45 ACP which may mean it may throw them out a little on the small side for a 45 muzzle loader, depends on what size they need to finish up at I suppose.
Sorry, I thought we were talking about a simple muzzle-loading pistol, not a revolver. Most of us tend to call BP revolvers 'loose-loaders' since they don't actually load via the muzzle.

Conical are just fine in most revolvers - where you can actually get one in between the chamber and the frame, that is. The products of this mould - at .452" - just may be too small. The idea is to throw a projectile that will actually shave a little lead ring on being forced into the chamber, this ensuring a good seal. Anything less than that will result in the recoil thrusting the ball/bullet forward and jamming the action.

tac