Thread: sabre 4x32

sabre 4x32

I have just got a sabre 4x32, so her are my initial thoughts on it:

Seems well made. Clear glass. Nice mildot ret. AO. One piece mount included in the price. Also flip up lens covers. Finger adjustable turrets. Costs under £20 & p+p! You get a hell of a lot for the money.

Now the very minor downsides:
    I like to have the mounting bolts on the right side. You can't do this with this mount. You can't get the scope mounted level if the bolts are on the right as the scope (where the windage turret is) is baulked by the mount.
    If fitted to a "flush" gun, (mines on an airsporter), you cant get the front lens cap on, so you would need a riser to give enough clearance.
    I've also found that the arrestor pins need removing altogether if the gun doesn't have holes for them. Just screwing them up so the mount fits flush, and they are perilously close to the scope.
    Be careful with the ring bolts, they are quite small and it would be very easy to chuff them up.

All that being said, it's a good bet for the money.

I put a 4x32 Sabre on one of my rifles after reading a write up on a forum. For £16
    you can't go wrong. Good clear view (as good as a N/S 3-9x50 MM on another gun),
    the mil dots are easily focused and clear to see, positive finger adjustable turrets, and
    an excellent field of view through the adjustable objective.
    I was impressed enough to get the 2-7x32 as a spare before they all go. Apparently
    they were made for ASI in the same factory as Nikko Stirling scopes. I see JSR put
    the price up by a couple of quid on the 2-7x32 after I bought mine, but at £36?? they
    are still good value for money and underated.

P.S. The only downside is the 1 piece mount they come with is too low on the rail to be
    able to use the flip up end caps, so I've fitted some 2 piece mounts instead.

For the price, you could even bin the mounts. I had the 2-7x32, but sold it, silly me good scope.