Thread: BSA R10's

BSA R10's

Mmmm...not exactly a scientific survey, but, when browsing various there seem to be quite a lot of R10's for sale. Is it because they don't last long? Not really serviceable? A design fault? Not fashionable? Not reliable? Other? They look quite nice and fairly compact....Being as I am more into the collectables and mainly BSA (British Superior Air rifles) such as the Mercury S, Challengers, Superstars, Gold Stars, RB2's.......I have also fancied a modern dabble in a PCP like the R10, or, a springer like the TX200HC (shame no open sights).....

Best regards to all......

Funnily enough I just noticed the same. I have had a long break from shooting, and just dusted off my lovely BSA Superten BBK. I'm currently helping a friend buy an air rifle and found lots of R10's for sale, wondered the same. I must say my S10 is going strong and never missed a beat.

Edit: 2 posts down a long thread about leaky R10's!
    Good deals: Greylag, Blade, Tankbanger, PodgyBear, Godwin, gt550a, Stereotype, Dwazzer, Paul1952, Benchrest, Steelyglint, PaulsOK, IronMonkey, Verminator66, Lupus, SonOfDave BSA Superten BBK .22, Theoben Evo T/H .22

Quote Originally Posted by HampshireRhys View Post
    Funnily enough I just noticed the same. I have had a long break from shooting, and just dusted off my lovely BSA Superten BBK. I'm currently helping a friend buy an air rifle and found lots of R10's for sale, wondered the same. I must say my S10 is going strong and never missed a beat.

Edit: 2 posts down a long thread about leaky R10's!
    Not really sure why there are loads up for sale.. I think mine is a great gun, compact, high shot count, nice stock. They benefit from a lighter shorter shroud (I made a simple carbon one for about £25). I know there is lots about poor regulator design but that's very easy to replace them for a huma aftermarket one. (I've just been learning how & it's simple) as far as working on them, my impression is they are easy to work on.
    I guess if your not up for DIY then the cost of doing all these bits in top of the rifle cost could make it too expensive but when you can pick up a s/h MK2 for £500 put a new reg in & service it for £100 ish & fit a new shroud & buy a silencer for around £700 then it's still alot of gun for the money I think. Especially if there is a possibility that any other gun from new may require work before it's shooting to its full potential.
    Atb
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Nothing wrong with the R10 mate. It is a lovely hunting gun and it looks good too. People like to put it down cause a few of the first lot had regulator issues. If I ever take up hunting again my R10 .22 will be the one I'd like to take with me.

A.G

I've got one of the mk1's, told by John Bowkett it was number 15. He fixed the lack of power problem and to this day is just as good as it ever was. Very noticeably, a light pcp. Never had or has a magazine problem either.