Thread: Pellet Skirt Tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Skirt repair

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    What are you on about ?
    This is for a quick repair to pellets with damaged skirts, to use them rather than to bin them, not about resizing
    Angrybear, perhaps you did not read my post in depth; yes whilst I agree that pellet skirts might be made somewhat more "round" by pushing a pointed object into the skirt, have you taken the time and effort to measure any changes in MV, shot to shot, accuracy and as I mentioned skirt sizing my take you over the 12 fpe limit. I do not have to worry about this limit only finding that MV usually increases as well as uniformity and accuracy improvement.
    The method I have described makes EVERY pellet uniform and not a somewhat hit and miss method of pellet recovery.

Cheers

Yes I did read your post, which is why I made the comment that this is just for a quick reshape of a pellet that would otherwise be chucked in the bin as "damaged/deformed",
    it has zero effect on MV or POI because it's not being resized only pushed back in to shape.

Pellet skirt tool

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yes I did read your post, which is why I made the comment that this is just for a quick reshape of a pellet that would otherwise be chucked in the bin as "damaged/deformed",
    it has zero effect on MV or POI because it's not being resized only pushed back in to shape.
    Angrybear, have you actually chronographed pellets that were/were not "pushed back into shape"? I have chronographed at least 200-250 Shot Strings in my research and even a few thousands of an inch make a difference. If you are happy to do what you do I'm happy for you but I shall continue to happily do what I do.

Cheers