Thread: Huntsman light trigger

Huntsman light trigger

Need some advice guys. The trigger pull on my Huntsman is very light I have adjusted the screw anti clockwise almost until it is comming out of the thread, this adjustment does not seem to be increasing the trigger weight? Any ideas?
    Cheers Paul

Huntsman trigger

Big Thanks to Grieva, trigger now sorted.
    Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewebleyman View Post
    Big Thanks to Grieva, trigger now sorted.
    Cheers Paul
    I'd be interested to hear about your solution/experience.... ?
    Thanks
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I too don't seem to be able to adjust my Huntsman trigger. Is it possible that you share this information please?

A.G

Huntsman trigger

I needed to adjust the first stage travel and also the second stage weight as the trigger was more like a very light single stage trigger. I went into the Daystate web site, its shows a good diagram of the trigger, it is easy to adjust the first stage travel turning the screw clockwise to decrease the travel. To adjust the second stage weight your need to fully unscrew the grub screw from the trigger block, then you have access to a second screw inside the block which you turn anti clockwise to increase the trigger pull. Simple when you know how. Thanks again to Grieva who told me what to do.
    Cheers Paul

Thumbs up

I needed to adjust the first stage travel and also the second stage weight as the trigger was more like a very light single stage trigger. I went into the Daystate web site, its shows a good diagram of the trigger, it is easy to adjust the first stage travel turning the screw clockwise to decrease the travel. To adjust the second stage weight your need to fully unscrew the grub screw from the trigger block, then you have access to a second screw inside the block which you turn anti clockwise to increase the trigger pull. Simple when you know how. Thanks again to Grieva who told me what to do.
    Cheers Paul
    Great post, thanks!!
    So the second stage "weight of break" is adjusted when the grub screw is removed through the same hole? Sorry for 20 questions but I had a feeling there was more to this trigger than the usual 2 screw "distance & break point" style trigger.
    Is there any chance you can post a link to the trigger assembly that you looked at?
    Thanks for sharing, it's really useful!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Cheers Paul
    Many thanks for your kind reply. My problem is removing that first grub screw. It seems to have been locktited or glued in place, it just does not budge.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Many thanks for your kind reply. My problem is removing that first grub screw. It seems to have been locktited or glued in place, it just does not budge.

A.G
    A bit of localised heat? Maybe from one of those chefs blow torches or a small gas soldering iron?

Hi sorry cannot post a link. Just google "daystate x2 & air ranger triger adjustment" this will get you the pic of the trigger assembly.
    Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Great post, thanks!!
    So the second stage "weight of break" is adjusted when the grub screw is removed through the same hole? Sorry for 20 questions but I had a feeling there was more to this trigger than the usual 2 screw "distance & break point" style trigger.
    Is there any chance you can post a link to the trigger assembly that you looked at?
    Thanks for sharing, it's really useful!!

The screw would not normally have loctite on, it in itself is a locking screw used to stop the adjustment screw under it working loose. The diagram referred to in in nearly all instruction manuals new and old.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Hi sorry cannot post a link. Just google "daystate x2 & air ranger triger adjustment" this will get you the pic of the trigger assembly.
    Cheers Paul
    Thanks!!