Thread: 45/70 Rolling Block

45/70 Rolling Block

Have my eye on a Pedersoli rolling block in 45/70 for which i have a slot and the funds. Iv owned a couple of these fine rifles
    in the past so know what to expect. Any one know how to date with the serial number.?? Iv done a google search and found
    there seems to be a lot of dodgy looking sites offering info if you sign up to their site which i aint doing having been caught
    before. Any advice.??? Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Have my eye on a Pedersoli rolling block in 45/70 for which i have a slot and the funds. Iv owned a couple of these fine rifles
    in the past so know what to expect. Any one know how to date with the serial number.?? Iv done a google search and found
    there seems to be a lot of dodgy looking sites offering info if you sign up to their site which i aint doing having been caught
    before. Any advice.??? Tim
    NOT by serial number, but to ascribe a date to any Italian-made firearm, look for a little rectangular cartouche containing two letters. They are a date code for the year of proofing, which, in Italy, is the year of manufacture, as Italy is part of the CIP organisation

If you post them here, we'll tell you how old your gun is.

No need to sign up for anything - all you need to know is right here for free.

tac

Many Thanks tac. Will ask the owner when he gets back off his hols. Tim