Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the most inaccurate airgun you know of ?

You're all being very cheapo'ophobic about Gats (the proper TJ Harrington versions).

I was utterly awesome with mine, and I'm pretty sure if I'd also had a Gat rifle as a kid, I'd have been equally great with it.

So there.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    You're all being very cheapo'ophobic about Gats (the proper TJ Harrington versions).

I was utterly awesome with mine, and I'm pretty sure if I'd also had a Gat rifle as a kid, I'd have been equally great with it.

So there.
    Me and my friend would play an early version of paintball with the corks in ours.

I remember they still stung a bit.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Me and my friend would play an early version of paintball with the corks in ours.

I remember they still stung a bit.
    A pal of mine dispensed with all the glass decorations on the christmas tree.

He wasn't invited round again .

I have an Edgar Brothers 60 whose barrel is worn smooth, presumably with steel BBs.

Can't hit a barn door with it, gave up trying to zero it as I couldn't even figure out where the pellets were going.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
    I have an Edgar Brothers 60 whose barrel is worn smooth, presumably with steel BBs.

Can't hit a barn door with it, gave up trying to zero it as I couldn't even figure out where the darts were going.
    FIFY

Well my .25 Rapid FAC is hopelessly inaccurate with any pellet other than JSB exact/AA field which are ragged single hole.

By which I mean at 42yds zero only about 8-9/12 will hit a sheet of A4 paper (Norica Apache only 7/12)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Nope: pretty certain you are not dreaming about push in barrel rifles ... or am I thinking about a Gat with a shoulder stock? I saw some Gat 'rifles' at a recent military fair. The chap on the stall was commenting that spares were now impossible to get so once those 'rifles' were broken, that was it.

Cheers, Phil
    Thank God for that,

The gat pistol? Really!

I remember shooting apples, oranges, tins and lots of other things at 5 yards I had lots of fun, it started my enjoyment of air guns!

I'd vote for the ro72, I got it given. Every time I shot it, it hurt my trigger finger....a lot!! It creaked, vibrated, and hurt to shoot. Accuracy = none. Terrible, maybe I had a bad one....but

I would say the Gat - But it was find at the ranges it was designed for.

Worst is possibly the dodgy Baikals used at fairground gallerys which fires with a horrendous twang and take a minute to stop vibrating.

As for unintentionally bad... my much loved HW35, which a friend borrowed for rabbiting, and returned with a bent barrel claiming it couldn't hit anything. Found the bent barrel when i tried to zero it in the back garden and made a hole in my shed 2 meters over the target at about 10 meter range.

With friends like that, who needs enemas?

Kral Puncher Breaker, as accurate as Diane Abbots adding up.....

Corks

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post

Can't hit a barn door with it, gave up trying to zero it as I couldn't even figure out where the pellets were going.
    Get some plastic tubing and some round corks from the bay stick tubing on end of barrel cork in tube tin cans = good fun

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    The gat pistol? Really!

I remember shooting apples, oranges, tins and lots of other things at 5 yards I had lots of fun, it started my enjoyment of air guns!

I'd vote for the ro72, I got it given. Every time I shot it, it hurt my trigger finger....a lot!! It creaked, vibrated, and hurt to shoot. Accuracy = none. Terrible, maybe I had a bad one....but
    RO71 was worse.

I think.

Its advantage over the RO72 was that the 71 had a crude fixed rear sight, whereas the 72 had a fully-adjustable one. Which would adjust itself randomly under recoil. But that probably didn't matter because the thing wouldn't group anyway.

Got to be the Gat...

Gun power stealth , one of the first ones . Really shocking , shotgun patterns .