Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the most inaccurate airgun you know of ?

For me it has to be the Gat - I managed to shoot myself in the eye with it when I was 14 and spent Easter week in the local eye ward with a group of blind dinosaurs!

However, ...... if you want the lowdown on a recent (expensive) purchase - the FX Impact in .177 knocks the poor old Gat off it's pedestal. I mean 50p size groups at 30 yards!!

Yes it was an early import but it really was utter rubbish - I will never buy another FX as long as I live.

J
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackspratt View Post
    However, ...... if you want the lowdown on a recent (expensive) purchase - the FX Impact in .177 knocks the poor old Gat off it's pedestal. I mean 50p size groups at 30 yards!!

Yes it was an early import but it really was utter rubbish - I will never buy another FX as long as I live.

J

I feel your pain, but the single shot FX Typhoon in .22 with a smoothtwist barrel is still the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. (And I now have a Steyr!) I've had Cyclones that were good too, but also a Scimitar that was garbage.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

What-is-the-most-inaccurate-airgun-youknow of?

G'day,

That's easy: a Hatsan [FAC] 125 in .22. The barrel was not mounted straight at the pivot and it sprayed pellets to one side no matter what I tried. My angle grinder with a cutting disc fixed it. It became somewhat expensive scrap metal.

Jim

Via Ballarat
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by NTSOG View Post
    G'day,

That's easy: a Hatsan [FAC] 125 in .22. The barrel was not mounted straight at the pivot and it sprayed pellets to one side no matter what I tried. My angle grinder with a cutting disc fixed it. It became somewhat expensive scrap metal.

Jim

Via Ballarat
    Australia
    One would hesitate to suggest that all the unwanted and less than useful items are sent to the colonies. That would be somewhat stereotypical.

Early Daystate mk4; they had a known bolt/probe alignment issue (and initially denied by them) that caused infuriating inaccuracy for the owners.
    On a gun costing as much as it did, I reckon it's the most inaccurate air rifle.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Have to agree with the Gat camp. Had one in the mid 60s. Hells bells it was awful

C.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I feel your pain, but the single shot FX Typhoon in .22 with a smoothtwist barrel is still the most accurate rifle I have ever shot. (And I now have a Steyr!) I've had Cyclones that were good too, but also a Scimitar that was garbage.
    Cheers Tinny!

Everyone says the .22 guns are better but once bitten twice shy here sir!

J
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

I have to agree on the GAT gun but at the time they were cheap, fun and started me off as my first gun (although it's not technically an airgun) However it was accurate enough for me to shoot my mums backside with a cork though whilst she was hanging out the washing.

They seem to have become very collectable nowadays though I should of kept it.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Never owned a gat. for me the most innacurate rifle was my first and only hw 95 in .177 twitchy as hell. i tried barrel tuning. i put lead various weights inside the silencer to no avail may try a .22 but i dont really like .22. sorry Nick.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    (although it's not technically an airgun)
    Can you explain
    I thought it was a spring piston that shot darts and pellets, I know the gat can shoot corks but the milbro/Diana version don't shoot corks.

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    I have to agree on the GAT gun but at the time they were cheap, fun and started me off as my first gun (although it's not technically an airgun).
    Now there's a slur on the Mighty Gat's name! It is too an air gun. A very poor one, but it has a piston, compression tube and seal and uses air to propel the pellet/dart/woodlouse like any other.
    It's just that the barrel runs through the comp tube and is actually part of the piston.

Well iv learn't something new from that tinbum, i always thought it was the inertia of the barrel shooting forward that chucked the pellet down the barrel.
    I never thought there might be a piston in there.

A guy came to the club with a Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 the biggest pile of shit I have ever tried the trigger must be in excess of 12lb in weight no accuracy with H&N FFT or magnums it could get the pellet within an inch of the last shot
    Thankfully it started playing up quickly with the pellets jumping of mag on firing and got his money back and now had a Hw100 laminate and is happy with it so result
    ISP Airstream mk3 March F 2.5/25mml. Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 leupold 20/50 Steyr 2014 hft March x 5/50 MTR3 ISP Airstream MK3 March x 8-80 silver, fx impact m3 element helix Ripley AR4 blue Burris 8/32 Steyr 2014 hot all .177

I remember a .20 cal Sheridan being fairly loose back in the day.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Now there's a slur on the Mighty Gat's name! It is too an air gun. A very poor one, but it has a piston, compression tube and seal and uses air to propel the pellet/dart/woodlouse like any other.
    It's just that the barrel runs through the comp tube and is actually part of the piston.
    I was with Siggy on this one, I always understood it to be the inertia affect of the barrel thrown forward and suddenly stopping that "threw the pellet" forwards, I certainly don't remember seeing a transfer port of any description.
    Every days a school day
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22