Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Had less than a tin of pellets through it"?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    How often do I read that phrase, and how the Hell can it be possible? Do these people not enjoy shooting?

Two weeks ago I recieved 2k of FTT for my Fenman and 1k AA Fields for my Sumatra GCG, today I realised I need to order more of both!

Any recomendations for bulk buy outlets appreciated.
    Probably because they have fired other things through it.

Darts.
    Steel BB.
    Small Pebbles.
    Salt.
    Matches.
    Nails.

And it was knackered when they got back round to the pellets - so they want to sell it.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

What........ a full tin of pellets!!!!

Being a bit of a collector for many years I must have over 40 rifles, both PCP's and springers, that have had nowhere near a tin of pellets through them. Didn't set out to collect, just seemed to happen over a long period of time. Problem was that when I bought a new rifle I couldn't bring myself to part with the others and, after trying the new rifle, I always went back to my trusty old LR90 for field work. Now the time is nearing to move them on to the next keeper you may well be seeing the phrase quite a lot on this site
    Last edited by ken69; 12-08-2017 at 09:10 AM.

I only put about 30 pellets a month through my Ultra, basically just keeping my hand in....
    My FAC rifles get to see a lot more action. My .303 Lee Enfield = 50 rounds p/m. The .223 = 50 rounds, and my 22 rim-fire = 100+ p/m. Reloading for the first two rifles is also an enjoyable pastime.
    I used to shoot air rifles virtually every day, but over the past twelve months (since I've had my ticket) air rifles have been pushed out a little.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Being a bit of a collector for many years I must have over 40 rifles, both PCP's and springers, that have had nowhere near a tin of pellets through them. Didn't set out to collect, just seemed to happen over a long period of time. Problem was that when I bought a new rifle I couldn't bring myself to part with the others and after trying the new rifle I always went back to my trusty old LR90 for field work. Now the time is nearing to having to move them on to the next keeper you may well be seeing the phrase quite a lot on this site
    I agree that collectors could have guns that are seldom shot. You can have guns that don't see much use and others that do even within a modest collection or accumulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    Probably because they have fired other things through it.

Darts.
    Steel BB.
    Small Pebbles.
    Salt.
    Matches.
    Nails.

And it was knackered when they got back round to the pellets - so they want to sell it.
    When ar were a lad, a used ter ev an owd diana .177. A used to shoot elderberries darn it. A wunce shot me mate in t' bewtocks wi one. It penetrated his Levi's and left a champion purple stain bedded into hise arse cheeks. He wern't impressed.

Personally I don't think it's the fact they haven't used the gun much, it's like saying in a car add "one careful lady owner". It just sounds a bit better than saying average pellet count for age, only 85000 shot through it, spring still like new.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I'm off to the club tomorrow morning and I am packing:

BSA Goldstar (proper one of course) and a full tin of .22 Superdomes
    Sumatra GCG and an almost full tin of .22 AA Fields
    Theoben Fenman and the last tin and a half of .22 HW FTT's

I expect I'll be home before lunch........

With a right arm like Popeye!! (But that's a different story)
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I've a pcp I've probably had for over a year only fired about three pellets over the chronograph, there's not even any sights on it yet.

Thumbs down

I've got guns that i've not even fired yet!!

Last time I fired a gun I think was at the last Boinger bash, Not been to the range this year either

I used to shoot quite often down the garden but then some git close by used to phone the police and the chopper would make a beeline, Even though it was legal, I'd pack in before it actually got to ours, They would hover for a minute then leave, Now the neighbours are out all the flaming time too

John...
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Get Madama Butterfly kicking they will soon get the message and by ear plugs
    DMC.
    watch this space

Havnt ️️shot that number of pellets for 60odd years in a session, then it was a box of beatall,( 22 of course )😊the Webley mk11 and the starling in the sewage works at dawn. ( plus the tin of 3 in one)
    Now 20/30 down the garden with the spring powered Fenman in 177 is enough.
    snarepeg.

Over the past 30 weeks - 4,500 through the .22 99s and 1,500 through the .177 99s and 30s, so 200 per week on average. (That's pellets, not tins by the way)...

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I've a pcp I've probably had for over a year only fired about three pellets over the chronograph, there's not even any sights on it yet.
    There is an obvious reason for that lack of interest, it's a phhhhht gun.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I've got guns that i've not even fired yet!!

Last time I fired a gun I think was at the last Boinger bash, Not been to the range this year either

I used to shoot quite often down the garden but then some git close by used to phone the police and the chopper would make a beeline, Even though it was legal, I'd pack in before it actually got to ours, They would hover for a minute then leave, Now the neighbours are out all the flaming time too

John...
    Christ John - with the amount of rifles you've got, that's criminal

If you're ever down this way, give me a shout - I've got land where you can do targets, rats, rabbits, squirrels, pigeon - whatever floats your boat mate

All of the above.

3,250 = my three springers this year, of which 900 at 'Boinger Bashes', rest down the garden - all paper targets & spinners.