Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly air gun magazines ?

Monthly air gun magazines ?

Hi, which air gun magazine do people think is the best, and why ?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I subscribe to Airgun Shooter and have regularly bought Airgunner and Airgun World since the 1980's.
    Some moan about them, but I still enjoy them, especially looking back at the adverts in old issues and working on my time machine!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I think Terry missed a trick with this months 40th celebratory AGW in as much as I were secretly hoping the package would contain a re-production 1977 first edition special. Instead, imagine my disappointment when the dreary, dull as dishwater Airgunner fell out of the plastic wrapping landing on my filthy building site office floor where it still is, I think?

None. I prefer to get real info from real shooters on forums like this and, from chaps at my local club.

All of the above.

Shooting Sports, because it also covers powder burners.

must admit i read most of them my fav being AG& AGW
    T D has done agreat job with these mags!!!
    atb brian

Considering they both published by the same team I ljust dont like AirGunner at all. I still like Airgun World though

Quote Originally Posted by pumpygun View Post
    Considering they both published by the same team I ljust dont like AirGunner at all. I still like Airgun World though
    Same here, there is something about Airgunner which I cannot quite put my finger on, is it for hunters perhaps?

Anyway, AGW for me and Gunmart, which covers everything.

I also would ask Terry to stop the front page hunting comments. I't puts people off buying the publication, as proven recently by a female high end customer, when we got onto chatting about her sons interest in airgun target shooting. In her words"there's enough gratuitous killing going on in the world as it is"
    Have to say I agree with her comment.
    Anyway, moving on; How about that re produced 1977 special eh?
    I'd happily pay for a twin pack special. Anybody else?

Since getting back into airgun shooting about 6 months ago I find myself actively waiting for each of the 3 magazines to get to the newsagents,every month I think that I will not buy any more for a while,yet I still buy them.All three are good reads,for me in Terms of enjoyment and content I would rank them - Airgun World,Airgun Shooter,Airgunner.If I where to subscribe to one it would be AGW.

I have a digital subscrption to AW. Anyone know what has happened to Nigel Allen?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    I have a digital subscrption to AW. Anyone know what has happened to Nigel Allen?
    He's now doing online videos. Was editor of Airgun Shooter but the publishers inexplicably let him go.
    Their loss, that magazine is now no better than Airgunner in as much as it has a distinct recognition problem. Nigel Allen is a true airgun enthusiast and has a lovely warm personality. I like the man.

I subscribe to Readly at £7.99 a month which gives access to over 2,200 monthly magazine publications in every topic you can imagine and me and the family can get access to them on 5 separate devices (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone etc.). I read ALL the airgun magazine on my PC/tablet as well as loads of other shooting mags and it allows access to most, if not all back issues (never checked how far back it goes) .

My missus reads loads of homemaking, glam, gossip etc. mags which has saved me £££ per month as she use to get at least 8 or 9 mags a month at an average price of £4 - £5 per mag.....happy days The kids also get access to all their football and gaming mags.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    He's now doing online videos. Was editor of Airgun Shooter but the publishers inexplicably let him go.
    Their loss, that magazine is now no better than Airgunner in as much as it has a distinct recognition problem. Nigel Allen is a true airgun enthusiast and has a lovely warm personality. I like the man.
    I agree derekj.....Also may I add; what happened to the interesting strip and re-build articles by Lyn Lewington? That was the first thing I read. In the other publication, Neil Price with a similar feature was a worthy contribution and of course Jim Tyler is consistently interesting.

Best regards to all.....

CompAir