Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: project Barrel

project Barrel

I am on the look out for a barrel for a project I am in the middle of , it needs to be 177 and the same length as a full length TX, diameter isnt important as I can alter it.
    I spotted bsa barrels on the Knibbs web site at a good price , are they any good ? also seen the hw barrels for sale and of course the lothar walther blanks , and as its for a TX obviously a standard one , I would like to make an improvement over standard if possible but only want to buy one . So any Ideas?

Have a word with Matt at Sureshot about the barrel I asked him to get for me a couple of weeks ago.
    Hammer forged, 16mm OD, 520mm long - made in CZechoslovakia

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    Have a word with Matt at Sureshot about the barrel I asked him to get for me a couple of weeks ago.
    Hammer forged, 16mm OD, 520mm long - made in CZechoslovakia
    I will do that I didn't think the CZ barrel was still available

I was go with a cz barrel myself, as for being made in czechoslovakia must be nearly 100 year old barrel then

Nick
    Thought knibbs stopped doing the "bsa " barrels .

Are they available again ?
    There was some discussion about them

You can get a cz from them for a aa s200 490 ish long 15ish dia. Slightly harder material than others I've machined .

The choked hw ones look interesting from silco.
    Haven't tried those . Only the unchoked from a while ago .

Not had a rubbish lw yet from chambers . Gotta get choked though

Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    I was go with a cz barrel myself, as for being made in czechoslovakia must be nearly 100 year old barrel then
    I wonder if there was a clue in what I typed, and how I seemingly mis-capitalised one of the words

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I will do that I didn't think the CZ barrel was still available
    There's a bit of controversy involved but yup - it's the new 16mm choked / hammer forged CZ barrel. I haven't actually fitted it yet, but I have high hopes. I thought it was worth a risk to buy one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I am on the look out for a barrel for a project I am in the middle of , it needs to be 177 and the same length as a full length TX, diameter isnt important as I can alter it.
    I spotted bsa barrels on the Knibbs web site at a good price , are they any good ? also seen the hw barrels for sale and of course the lothar walther blanks , and as its for a TX obviously a standard one , I would like to make an improvement over standard if possible but only want to buy one . So any Ideas?
    Would have thought the Tx barrel would take some beating re accuracy, mine is amazing. I'm trying to find a replacement for my Kral, now there's a reason for replacement!! Interesting project for you though, keep thread updated of your results.

There's a bit of controversy involved but yup - it's the new 16mm choked / hammer forged CZ barrel. I haven't actually fitted it yet, but I have high hopes. I thought it was worth a risk to buy one anyway.
    What are you putting it on Brian ?

Can you get us a couple

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    What are you putting it on Brian ?

Can you get us a couple
    It's being machined to fit on the 9015, but I've been a bit slow getting it done because the standard barrel is shooting so well. In fact it's the most accurate airgun I've ever owned. Bit of a dilemma really, but fortunately it's so easy to swap out a barrel on the anni, once it's machined up to fit I can give it a test.

Just drop Matt at Sureshot a line if you want to test one.

It's being machined to fit on the 9015, but I've been a bit slow getting it done because the standard barrel is shooting so well. In fact it's the most accurate airgun I've ever owned. Bit of a dilemma really, but fortunately it's so easy to swap out a barrel on the anni, once it's machined up to fit I can give it a test.

Just drop Matt at Sureshot a line if you want to test one.
    So i guess the CZ potentially the best option , as you have one

what sort of dimensions do you think you need nick ?

is it a tx based project ?
    theres a member on here with a (probably ) pro sport barrel available

it's on a "can you identify this " thread ...i thought tx , std length ,mk 3....turns out most likely... not mk3 , not std length and not even tx ....

from what brian says , it sounds like a std 9015 barrel might not be the worst choice in the world

we need to get over to germany and buy up all the basket case target rifles . should be some quality barrels there

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    what sort of dimensions do you think you need nick ?

is it a tx based project ?
    theres a member on here with a (probably ) pro sport barrel available

it's on a "can you identify this " thread ...i thought tx , std length ,mk 3....turns out most likely... not mk3 , not std length and not even tx ....

from what brian says , it sounds like a std 9015 barrel might not be the worst choice in the world

we need to get over to germany and buy up all the basket case target rifles . should be some quality barrels there
    Its a TX based project rifle , I don't want to give too much away as I haven't got it finished yet , I will post about it once I have it finished. I contacted the chap about the mystery barrel and its a short one , I need full length at least , I would like opinions on barrel length as I haven't got much experience in that department, can you go too long ? is there an optimal length for a springer , I will probably stick to full tx length so I can use it in other actions though.

So been looking at the s200 barrel on Knibbs web site , is it definitely the CZ barrel ?

It's been a while since I had any s200 barrels ,
    But pretty sure there was some labelling to indicate cz origin.

Done a few for tx now although the 15 mm dia gives less of a shoulder than the 16 would,

Concentricity has been pretty good too on most .
    They seem tightish in the bore so might need a polish.

As a finished s200 barrel it would need post to rod or collect .
    I asked them To chop a 1/2" off the breech so it didn't fit s200 any more

Got no evidence whatsoever and again can't remember why but had strong ideas that these go onto some isp guns

Lately been using v shArp hss to machine to avoid galling more visible under magnification