Thread: project Barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

project Barrel

I am on the look out for a barrel for a project I am in the middle of , it needs to be 177 and the same length as a full length TX, diameter isnt important as I can alter it.
    I spotted bsa barrels on the Knibbs web site at a good price , are they any good ? also seen the hw barrels for sale and of course the lothar walther blanks , and as its for a TX obviously a standard one , I would like to make an improvement over standard if possible but only want to buy one . So any Ideas?

Have a word with Matt at Sureshot about the barrel I asked him to get for me a couple of weeks ago.
    Hammer forged, 16mm OD, 520mm long - made in CZechoslovakia

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    Have a word with Matt at Sureshot about the barrel I asked him to get for me a couple of weeks ago.
    Hammer forged, 16mm OD, 520mm long - made in CZechoslovakia
    I will do that I didn't think the CZ barrel was still available

I was go with a cz barrel myself, as for being made in czechoslovakia must be nearly 100 year old barrel then

Nick
    Thought knibbs stopped doing the "bsa " barrels .

Are they available again ?
    There was some discussion about them

You can get a cz from them for a aa s200 490 ish long 15ish dia. Slightly harder material than others I've machined .

The choked hw ones look interesting from silco.
    Haven't tried those . Only the unchoked from a while ago .

Not had a rubbish lw yet from chambers . Gotta get choked though

Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    I was go with a cz barrel myself, as for being made in czechoslovakia must be nearly 100 year old barrel then
    I wonder if there was a clue in what I typed, and how I seemingly mis-capitalised one of the words

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I will do that I didn't think the CZ barrel was still available
    There's a bit of controversy involved but yup - it's the new 16mm choked / hammer forged CZ barrel. I haven't actually fitted it yet, but I have high hopes. I thought it was worth a risk to buy one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    There's a bit of controversy involved but yup - it's the new 16mm choked / hammer forged CZ barrel. I haven't actually fitted it yet, but I have high hopes. I thought it was worth a risk to buy one anyway.
    What are you putting it on Brian ?

Can you get us a couple

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    What are you putting it on Brian ?

Can you get us a couple
    It's being machined to fit on the 9015, but I've been a bit slow getting it done because the standard barrel is shooting so well. In fact it's the most accurate airgun I've ever owned. Bit of a dilemma really, but fortunately it's so easy to swap out a barrel on the anni, once it's machined up to fit I can give it a test.

Just drop Matt at Sureshot a line if you want to test one.

I am on the look out for a barrel for a project I am in the middle of , it needs to be 177 and the same length as a full length TX, diameter isnt important as I can alter it.
    I spotted bsa barrels on the Knibbs web site at a good price , are they any good ? also seen the hw barrels for sale and of course the lothar walther blanks , and as its for a TX obviously a standard one , I would like to make an improvement over standard if possible but only want to buy one . So any Ideas?
    Would have thought the Tx barrel would take some beating re accuracy, mine is amazing. I'm trying to find a replacement for my Kral, now there's a reason for replacement!! Interesting project for you though, keep thread updated of your results.

John Bowket had a quantity of 26" Walther barrel blanks for sale in a clearout. He may have some left? Worth a call.