Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ELEY Ventus pellets

ELEY Ventus pellets

Has any body tried these yet, please?
    I saw the ad. for these and thought that I would give them a try, but no one seems to be advertising them so I went onto the ELEY website to find a local dealer. One of the results was not only closed, the owner has been dead for a while as well!
    I sent them an Email to inform of this fact; as these pellets are made in 3 sizes, I also suggested that perhaps they could offer sample packs containing all 3 sizes,
    I have not yet received a reply.

ELEY Ventus pellets

Quote Originally Posted by noz1 View Post
    Has any body tried these yet, please?
    I saw the ad. for these and thought that I would give them a try, but no one seems to be advertising them so I went onto the ELEY website to find a local dealer. One of the results was not only closed, the owner has been dead for a while as well!
    I sent them an Email to inform of this fact; as these pellets are made in 3 sizes, I also suggested that perhaps they could offer sample packs containing all 3 sizes,
    I have not yet received a reply.
    I got a reply today; they are checking dealerships, etc. No plans to sell sample packs either.

Will keep an eye on this. Always looking for new pellets to try in my old 10m guns

SW the add on Facebook today.
    overview
    From the makers of the world’s most accurate .22LR cartridges comes ELEY's 0.177cal air pellet range.

ELEY has discovered that the diameter of the air pellet is key to optimum performance and flight. Ensuring that the pellet is the right fit for the barrel is essential - our range of three diameters (4.49mm 4.50mm & 4.51mm) is designed so that shooters can find the correct size for their pistol or rifle.

All ELEY ventus pellets weigh 0.53g / 8.2gr, which from our research is the optimum for both air rifles and air pistols. The consistent delivery of air pressure in rifles and pistols is crucial to performance, and minimising the variance from pellet to pellet within a batch also has a huge effect on accuracy. At ELEY we make all our pellets to extremely tight weight tolerances and can claim over 30% superior weight variance within a batch.

The pellets are packed in a patented resealable and damage resistant box. The box is sectioned into four compartments overlaid with a foam cushion which minimises movement of the pellets and softens the impact if dropped.

Maybe some one will buy them in and sell sample packs .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    SW the add on Facebook today.
    overview
    From the makers of the world’s most accurate .22LR cartridges comes ELEY's 0.177cal air pellet range.

ELEY has discovered that the diameter of the air pellet is key to optimum performance and flight. Ensuring that the pellet is the right fit for the barrel is essential - our range of three diameters (4.49mm 4.50mm & 4.51mm) is designed so that shooters can find the correct size for their pistol or rifle.

All ELEY ventus pellets weigh 0.53g / 8.2gr, which from our research is the optimum for both air rifles and air pistols. The consistent delivery of air pressure in rifles and pistols is crucial to performance, and minimising the variance from pellet to pellet within a batch also has a huge effect on accuracy. At ELEY we make all our pellets to extremely tight weight tolerances and can claim over 30% superior weight variance within a batch.

The pellets are packed in a patented resealable and damage resistant box. The box is sectioned into four compartments overlaid with a foam cushion which minimises movement of the pellets and softens the impact if dropped.

Maybe some one will buy them in and sell sample packs .
    All sounds good but smells expensive
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    All sounds good but smells expensive
    Most decent pellets are.

I find the RWS R10s more than adequate for any precision shooting. Will look forward to seeing how these perform.

A.G

ELEY Ventus pellets

Shame they couldn't re-make the wasps to the original spec & quality.......

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Shame they couldn't re-make the wasps to the original spec & quality.......
    The dies were sold off so they would need new dies made. Plus I dare say the wasp name does not belong to them now.

VENTUS Pellets

I got a reply today; they are checking dealerships, etc. No plans to sell sample packs either.
    A further reply today. No trial packs to be made available. They want every one to visit their test range at Birmingham; the trouble is not every one lives near Birmingham, do they!!!!!

http://www.eley.co.uk/eley-ventus-4-49

More info on the packaging.

The dies were sold off so they would need new dies made. Plus I dare say the wasp name does not belong to them now.
    Heard a lot about these pellets .
    Wonder who and where the dies were sold off too ?

One of the results was not only closed, the owner has been dead for a while as well!
    The owner was Luke Camilleri who used to own Champion pellets. He retired to France, re-launched a refillable air cartridge for CO2 guns and then sadly passed away a while ago. He was over 80. Quite a character I believe. Maybe its his heirs or the name Eley and business was sold on

secretagentmole Guest
    Most decent pellets are.
    Remember what they did to Wasps?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Heard a lot about these pellets .
    Wonder who and where the dies were sold off too ?
    Possibly the same people that make the newer WASP pellets. I did read the dies were wearing out and if the people making rhe newer ones bought them it maybe one of the reasons the new ones are garbage.