Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haven't ever seen one of these before

Home made is best

There was def something similar - and sorry Epicyclic it looked far better and more worthy of your praise . Heath Robinson style with a side cum overlever to cock it and was selling last year on Gstar with paperwork provenance from an old auction sale .
    I also remember seeing some B45-3 pump ups that had been heavily customised , and fitted this notion admirably .
    Longer under arms for easier pumping , wood stocks , bullpup versions too .. Then some custom made by the same maker allegedly using pipework .
    All working Pneumatic pump up airguns with good performance too .
    Never did get to find out , I wanted to buy some . Kent or south East based I think .
    Mate spoke to him and swopped details then he could not get into his computer and lost all data .

Quote Originally Posted by Epicyclic View Post
    Running it down and pouring scorn is easy. The effort and passion on display here is real and admirable.
    The best things are those you make yourself.or at least struggle for. Anyone with money can walk into a shop and buy something from the shelf, but supposing you are short of cash, or say your parents won't let you have an airgun. What do you do?
    Like that pistol the other week, guns like these are symbols of a rather deep sentiment and drive and could tell a fascinating story.
    Bring to mind the Blowpipes, elastic Flingers, catapults and all sorts of childhood weaponary that you may have made way back-along. Where the seeds of this amazing interest that we share were sown and realise how much is owed to such contraptions.
    I take your point Richard, and you're right that effort and enthusiasm is evident in this work, and it's easy to mock... but... the execution is so poor that it's almost laughable.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.