Thread: Theoben Evolution Cocking Shoe?

Theoben Evolution Cocking Shoe?

Could anyone who has replaced one of these shoes/buttons let me know the procedure,please.It appears the original is integral to the cocking link and must be drilled out?

shoe

hi, ive done two years ago. but cannot remember exactly ? did I drill it a little then pressed it out or it just pressed out ?? sorry. all I remember it wasn't a major just a vice and two sockets needed. I seem to remember I peened the new one a little after pressing it in , so maybe I drilled the old one a bit before pressing out .. good luck gc..

Who cocked it out of the stock
    Its riveted into the bar I drilled it to relieve the pressure before pressing it out remember to fit the new one with the flat at the front

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Could anyone who has replaced one of these shoes/buttons let me know the procedure,please.It appears the original is integral to the cocking link and must be drilled out?
    It's just press fitted mild steel which you can drift out with the correct pin punch.... its a simple top hat with a small shoulder that stops it dissapearing into the cocking arm. if there's enough of it left then just measure it & get one turned up., Pop it in the hole, and squash a ball bearing into the back to deform it slightly to get it to stay put
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Thanks for the info guys, I see Knibbs's has them,but at their usual extortionate prices!

Try impact airguns or tawnado .

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, I see Knibbs's has them,but at their usual extortionate prices!
    Yeah but £14 + p&p ain't that bad.. in principle it's alot but actually it's only an expensive tin of pellets..
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.