Thread: MTC re-launching the Mamba Lite range - Available end August

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MTC re-launching the Mamba Lite range - Available end August

I cannot believe my luck!
    I have a Daystate Huntsman with an MTC Mamba Lite 4-12 x 44 on. I am over the moon with the scope, love the looks , the reticle etc. When I decided a few weeks back to treat myself to a new Air Arms ProSport I wanted an MTC Mamba Lite to go on it. When I went on the MTC website I was shocked to find that MTC had stopped making it and that gave me a dilemma as to what scope to fit. After picking up my new ProSport on Tuesday I looked again on the MTC website to see if any other scope would fit the bill only to find that miraculously the re-launched Mamba Lite had returned! I e-mailed MTC and they told me that they should be in the shops end of August / September. The new Mamba Lite range now have illuminated reticules and slightly better flip up lens covers, other than that they look the same.
    My ProSport is stil in the box awaiting its new MTC Mamba Lite!
    I cannot wait!

Cheers

Andy

Back when they introduced their "new improved" range I said that dropping the Mamba-lite was a huge mistake, I guess the marketing figures now show that was true.

A cheap(ish) light weight scope, sidewheel focus, good glass, nice ret, all the mag needed for air rifles & works very well with NV add-on's, What fool thought dropping that was going to be a good idea

Just hope they don't now price themselves out of the market

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Back when they introduced their "new improved" range I said that dropping the Mamba-lite was a huge mistake, I guess the marketing figures now show that was true.

A cheap(ish) light weight scope, sidewheel focus, good glass, nice ret, all the mag needed for air rifles & works very well with NV add-on's, What fool thought dropping that was going to be a good idea

Just so you know dropping the Mamba lite was out of MTCs hands, optisan dropped it. The Mamba lite is now an MTC not an optisan and they have made the improvements. The magnetic covers are excellant, they hold in position and will not loosen over time. The lite is now Illuminated and the illumination in on the side so doesn't get in the way for cap wearers etc.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

It will be interesting to hear user experience to see if they are as good as the old Optisan version for night vision use - which was one of their main selling points. New coatings, which may be better for day time use, may not be so good for night vision.

Never could get on with them ,too many lines and dots all to fussy IMO
    Much prefer Hawke scopes

Only wish they'd do it in 3x12x40. It would be perfect for a lot of end uses.

A.G

Any news on price?

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Any news on price?
    £219 for the 3-12x42
    £239 for the 4-16x42

those are the recommended retail prices

Top made scope but I could never get on with the reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    £219 for the 3-12x42
    £239 for the 4-16x42

Hardly the bargain of the original ,
    and fairly obviously the price is set just £10 less than the closest spec Hawke Vantage SF IR, although they have a 50mm objective so to me seem better value.

Hardly the bargain of the original ,
    and fairly obviously the price is set just £10 less than the closest spec Hawke Vantage SF IR, although they have a 50mm objective so to me seem better value.
    Not a fan of Hawke scopes personally, I doubt their scopes are the same price today as they were in 2014. Everything has gone up since then and the new model has features the old did not so I would expect the price to increase.

Anyway for any one interested I have looked through these scopes and the image was very clear and bright, they had one on the range at The Game Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    £219 for the 3-12x42
    £239 for the 4-16x42

Not a 'Lite' price then