Thread: HRPC 13th August Club Shoot and 60 Poing Challange, Results

HRPC 13th August Club Shoot and 60 Poing Challange, Results

Massive thank You to everybody who pitched up today and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Although I must admit age is creeping up and the old necks a bit stiff at the moment.
    Great shoot today on what everybody agreed was a hard course so a very well done to everybody for some cracking scores. The weather couldn’t have been better and the new targets seemed to go down a treat (figuratively if not literally). Also having plenty of targets on the course means that its different every time we shoot it. Chernobyl Rat in particular seemed really popular while Crowzilla caught a lot of people out.
    A superb shoot by Adam Longhurst to be the top shot on the day, especially with a new rifle with Rob a close second. Well done to Kim Lum, 52 with a springer on that course....enough said. Also, congratulations to the two junior shooters for a couple of more than respectable scores.

Adam Longhurst 57
    Rob Smith 56
    Bob Pattenden 55
    Steve Micklethwaite 53
    Jon Newton May 53
    Roger Dibbins 53
    Kim Lum 52 (R)
    Kevin Wickson 52
    Ivan Edminston 51
    Aaron Friend 50
    Steve West 49
    Wes Micklethwaite 49 (J)
    David Powell 46
    Terry Evans 46
    Russ Connor 46 (R)
    Steve Mickwake 44
    Stew Artelstone 42
    Colin Muggeridge 40
    Kevin Hills 40 (R)
    Harvey Friend 34 (J)

Obviously the 60-point challenge, although rattled, wasn’t met so the pot will roll over to our next shoot and start at £64. As always, every individual target was “killed” on the day with peg 21 having a 97% success rate. The hardest peg statistically on the course was peg 17 which had a 63% success rate although for the life of me I can’t remember what the target was.

Again, thanks to everybody who turned up and helped make it such an enjoyable morning.

Cheers

Terry
    Last edited by Gisaname; 13-08-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Missed a score
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

Hi Terry and Team, Thanks for another great course, Crowzillia and ChenobelRat was a pain in the as$e , could not figure out the range, so guessed both and got a 50% rate lol.

You missed Roger Dibbins, he scorded 53.

See you all next time.

Well done Adam, great shooting.
    Last edited by bourne2fish; 13-08-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Air Arms TX200

Ouch!!!!!

God awful course, God awful people, God awful targets and god i need to shoot the springer more often lol.
    Kim are you sure you shot a springer and got a 52 on that course , i demand a stewards enquiry .... top shooting mate on a course that was def not set out to make it easy for springers lol.

Again really enjoyed the day and the laughs with my unfortunate partners lol .

Note to self leave the PCP for hunting and pest control ... only girls shoot them anyway lol
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Some great scores there!

Wes and STEVE!! Wow!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Cheers terry for a cracking course!
    Some cracking targets out there!
    That bloody Chernobyl rat! Got the distance right, just split it at 3 o clock!
    Not bad for a new gun, new scope and aim points learnt off a phone app ha ha

Thanks again hprc
    Good days shooting :-)

What morning!

I have to agree with BigRuss that was one hell of a course today! And who ever set the course needs to see a Dr as i feel he has sadistic issues

I just want to add that it was good to see some familiar faces and some new ones as well. We hope you all had a good morning with us, and feel free to drop in and see us again anytime

Rob
    "qui audet adipiscitur!"

Anybody wanna buy a springer? Minor sledgehammer marks all over, otherwise in good condition.

Respect to Kim for an amazing score on a very tricky course, and well shot Adam.

Many thanks to HRPC for another great shoot - some seriously tight target positions and uncomfortable lies.

Apologies Big Russ and Ivan for my somewhat less than pleasant company all morning!

Red face Chernobyl rules OK

Glad you all enjoyed it

Apologies Roger, your card was stuck to another one and I missed it, I've just corrected the post now I'll have to do the spread sheet, lol.

Sadistic, Mad, Twisted, Evil. We've been called all of them in the past but Rob and I both have bits of paper, signed by a vet, that says we're actually safe to be let out in polite society. So long as we don't go anywhere near a HFT course that is and keep taking the tablets. Opps forgot I ran out of them last week so have been on the sherbet fruits.

Seriously all of the comments are most appreciated and more than make up for setting it up. Sure Rob feels the same way as well and he put in more time that I do.

Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisaname View Post
    Rob and I both have bits of paper, signed by a vet
    VET! VET! I thought you said he was from Harley street! That explains why I've been pawing ground recently

Or is that a lame excuse

Rob
    "qui audet adipiscitur!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gisaname View Post
    Glad you all enjoyed it

Apologies Roger, your card was stuck to another one and I missed it, I've just corrected the post now I'll have to do the spread sheet, lol.

Sadistic, Mad, Twisted, Evil. We've been called all of them in the past but Rob and I both have bits of paper, signed by a vet, that says we're actually safe to be let out in polite society. So long as we don't go anywhere near a HFT course that is and keep taking the tablets. Opps forgot I ran out of them last week so have been on the sherbet fruits.

Seriously all of the comments are most appreciated and more than make up for setting it up. Sure Rob feels the same way as well and he put in more time that I do.

Darn it! After 4 hours sleep last night I was quite pleased you missed off my score! Nevermind - and thanks for putting that log with the knobbly bit on it in front of no.5 - even up the peg with 5 mildots clear I still somehow managed to hit it - the knobbly bit not the target! Fab setting and with a bit of luck the Chernobyl Rat will have wandered off somewhere and died quietly never to be seen again.
    Is it Sunday yet? Be the pellet. Daystate Griffin + Aztec Emerald
    DS Bluewolf, DS Mk3 177 & 22, ProSport 177.
    2x SIHFT Champ 2017 & 2019, BARC HFT Open Class 2018

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Some great scores there!

Wes and STEVE!! Wow!

Hi mike, steve here, i'd like to think that it was my score but unfortunately i only got a 44

OOh! look at you all signed up!!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!