Hi guys,
Just before fitting my ww kit into the 95 I noticed some wear on the piston near the seal I wasn't to worried as its nearly 22 years old. I've been using the rifle and its sweet to shoot I cant put it down. I recently tried fitting an Aussie red piston piston seal and upon assembling found it and extremely tight fit. 5 test shots were superb until I cocked the rifle again and it had the roughest cocking stroke, l though crap its got to be the new Weihrauch cocking shoe so had it apart again and had a look then fitted the old shoe to check. I assembled then cocked again the stroke was exactly the same rough as a badgers nothing to do with the shoe. Took it down again fitted the old seal and was sweet again, shooting lovely. It didn't like that red seal, I've been shooting without incident for about 300 shots and today noticed the stroke starting to get a little rough halfway through the cocking stroke, I stopped took it home and had the rifle stripped again, the wear has spread on the piston a bit more that last time and is concentrated near the base of the piston seal. Inside the cylinder from what I can see there's some light scoring. I degreased, cleaned thoroughly, lubed and reassembled. Cocking is smooth and firing cycle is spot on again. Anyone experienced this? Or can help with a solution.