Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I sell my ProSport .177 Action Only?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Should I sell my ProSport .177 Action Only?

Morning, gents. I currently have a rather nice ProSport .177 listed for sale in the S/H Air Guns For Sale section, at what I believe is a fair price (£325) but not had even a proper sniff anywhere near the asking price, and have had it suggested that I may do better listing the action and barrel (basically the rifle minus stock) for sale at £225 to make it attractive to a competition shooter, who may want to put together a competition ProSport clothed in a custom stock (leaving me to then move on the std stock for approx £75)?

Now that I have the mind set that I really want this ProSport gone so as to finance an AA S200 for m boy, would I be shooting myself in the foot (did you see what I did there ) if I did try to sell the action, then the stock, separate from each other? Did this successfully with an HW 95K a few years back, but with an AA ProSport? ... Constructive comments from you, the BBS collective, please, as I value your thoughts. Atb: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Try advertising it on guntrader/gunstar

FWIW I paid a lot less for mine, with a scope included. But your's is nearly new and mine had a few little marks in the wood.

They do seem to sell as action only and stock - but I'd sell as a whole if I could....

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Morning, gents. I currently have a rather nice ProSport .177 listed for sale in the S/H Air Guns For Sale section, at what I believe is a fair price (£325) but not had even a proper sniff anywhere near the asking price, and have had it suggested that I may do better listing the action and barrel (basically the rifle minus stock) for sale at £225 to make it attractive to a competition shooter, who may want to put together a competition ProSport clothed in a custom stock (leaving me to then move on the std stock for approx £75)?

Now that I have the mind set that I really want this ProSport gone so as to finance an AA S200 for m boy, would I be shooting myself in the foot (did you see what I did there ) if I did try to sell the action, then the stock, separate from each other? Did this successfully with an HW 95K a few years back, but with an AA ProSport? ... Constructive comments from you, the BBS collective, please, as I value your thoughts. Atb: Gareth.
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating, Gareth. Why not re-advertise, stating that you will split the action from the stock, if the former is wanted? Anyone interested will no doubt respond.

One positive, is that having sold the action, you can advertise the stock on e8ay to a much wider audience.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

It might be worth seeing if the shop will do you a deal. The one that I use is very fair when doing an exchange.

All of the above.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I would buy the stock from you.

If only I could find an action for sale on its own to put in it.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    £300 for a PS is very fair. Just wait a bit.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I agree with Jon. The damned thing is nearly £580 new in walnut and IMHO it is the best springer one could buy ( priced for sane people that is ). It requires very little if anything doing to it unlike all the other alternatives that need to be gliding or flying or skating before they shoot properly. Stick to your gun. Oh that was funny but not intended.

A.G

I paid £350 for mine not too long ago and was happy to pay it. I would have yours in a second if I didn't already own one.
    For some reason I've noticed there are a lot of Prosports and TX's being sold second hand at the moment. Freeads is full of them, whereas a few months ago there were barely any.

I'm not sure how popular the Prosport is for target shooting at the moment. Mine is the only one I've seen out and about in a while...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    IF only it had been a Lefty......but AA don't make any !
    “An airgun or two”………

Prosport

Ive Pm`d you with an interest to purchase this

Thanks to all for all your comments as above (even you tinbum lol ), all greatly appreciated. Will give it a few more days, then, and then may re-advertise with the option to buy the action and stock as sepparates (unless our tazzer666 takes it to the next level ). Atb: G

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Thanks to all for all your comments as above (even you tinbum lol ), all greatly appreciated. Will give it a few more days, then, and then may re-advertise with the option to buy the action and stock as sepparates (unless our tazzer666 takes it to the next level ). Atb: G
    FWIW I always put guns up for sale a few days before most peoples monthly pay day, but July/August are the worst months to sell, even worse that December!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

The real issue is a lot of ProSports and TX's have been sold. Loads out there. The Walnut is worth the premium when people are looking, so sell faster. In fact its hard to warrant not getting a walnut one. Once second hand thats the hit that has to be taken for driving it off the forecourt so to speak. The rifle is just as great. It will sell, its a popular rifle, but very price sensitive. There are plenty of good rifles and a whole lot of PCP's it has to compete with. Its not rare or a collectable thats going to be snapped up.

Breaking it up; seems a lot of effort for £25/£50.

People are on holiday, will have to pay for that too. Just might take some time.

Thanks again to all, appreciated, but academic now, as my ProSport has just sold for the asking price.

Straight from the new AA price list Prosports now have an RRP of £556 in beech and £627 in walnut. German barrels + Italian stocks x 1.100 Euro to the £ means inflation.
    Don't put off buying as prices are only heading one way.
    Anschutz 1427 .22LR Nikon Buckmaster SF 4.5-14x40, A-TEC Mod, Tikka M595 222Rem, Leupold 6.5-20x40LR, Howa 1500 APC 308Win, Nikko Diamond 6-24x50 FFP, wildcat Evolution, Sauer 202 243Win, Leupold 4.5-14x50LR, wildcat Evolution.