Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
Well you know the answer to that then, buy a Tomahawk/Longbow and have a rifle made by a fellow , you would even have enough change out of £600 to have it tuned by one of the many top tuners this country has to offer, I will also stick by my past comments and say that it seems very few Germans can design anything good looking.

Pete
Happily, I already have a Tommie and a walnut Longbow.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
Well I think it’s a thing of beauty but aesthetics are subjective.

Definitely more Zaha Hadid than Sir Christopher Wren.

There is a quality to the line that just works, particularly the breach area where the angles of the breach block are continued into the stock.

But more importantly it comes to hand effortlessly. It’s alive in your hands, a naturally pointy rifle.

I also appreciate that some real thought has been put into the rear sight, which makes a refreshing change as many make no effort in this area.

The rifle beautifully made, to fantastic tolerances. It literally slides apart. Everything fits perfectly. There’s no wriggling barrel shims into place or fitting trigger pins with a knocking stick. So wherever they have chosen to manufacture it is fine by me.

I’m toying with putting mine on ticket to get the best out of it. I think it would cruise at 16.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I really like it, but Mach is right. A walnut stocked version in .22 would be amazing.

ATB

Richard
Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
When Mr Pope increased the power on mine from 5.5 to 11.4 he said how well made it was. I believe they are made in Germany but Nigel Allen did once say the barrels are Walther! Mach 1.5
You guys are selling it to me. Both on the quality (which I'd expect from FWB) and the handling. Just can't imagine spending £600 on something that ought to cost, maybe £350-400 and then needs work to get up to 11 ft/lbs.