Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr Feinwerkbau.

I've had mine for two years now and I think it's an excellent air rifle.

It's hard work but if you put in the effort the results are very Feinwerkbau, if you know what I mean.

Hopeless off any kind of rest but off hand when using the classic elbows on knees, gun in hands sitting position - the original FT position - it's as good as anything I've ever shot.

It's a riflemans rifle. Undeniably expensive but people forget that the original Sports always were pricey compared to the competition.

Yes, but could they put a proper trigger guard on it, and get rid of the "ears" on the rear sight? And generally make it like the original, just with a better breech lock-up, and safety/trigger (as they have done, I think) and a better stock and overall cosmetics. You know, basically a Webley Tomahawk/Longbow, only made by Germans?

What is the least outrageously costly source for one? I am guessing German dealer and then re-spring/tune?

Who says the new ones are made by Germans? I've heard other rumors, but I can't say. Maybe someone else will dig into this, so I don't have to drop a suspected makers name.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    You know, basically a Webley Tomahawk/Longbow, only made by Germans?
    Well you know the answer to that then, buy a Tomahawk/Longbow and have a rifle made by a fellow , you would even have enough change out of £600 to have it tuned by one of the many top tuners this country has to offer, I will also stick by my past comments and say that it seems very few Germans can design anything good looking.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I will also stick by my past comments and say that it seems very few Germans can design anything good looking.

Pete
    My Z4 Roadster is a hansome car
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Yes, but could they put a proper trigger guard on it, and get rid of the "ears" on the rear sight? And generally make it like the original, just with a better breech lock-up, and safety/trigger (as they have done, I think) and a better stock and overall cosmetics. You know, basically a Webley Tomahawk/Longbow, only made by Germans?

What is the least outrageously costly source for one? I am guessing German dealer and then re-spring/tune?
    Well I think it’s a thing of beauty but aesthetics are subjective.

Definitely more Zaha Hadid than Sir Christopher Wren.

There is a quality to the line that just works, particularly the breach area where the angles of the breach block are continued into the stock.

But more importantly it comes to hand effortlessly. It’s alive in your hands, a naturally pointy rifle.

I also appreciate that some real thought has been put into the rear sight, which makes a refreshing change as many make no effort in this area.

The rifle beautifully made, to fantastic tolerances. It literally slides apart. Everything fits perfectly. There’s no wriggling barrel shims into place or fitting trigger pins with a knocking stick. So wherever they have chosen to manufacture it is fine by me.

I’m toying with putting mine on ticket to get the best out of it. I think it would cruise at 16.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I really like it, but Mach is right. A walnut stocked version in .22 would be amazing.

ATB

Richard

FWB Sport.

When Mr Pope increased the power on mine from 5.5 to 11.4 he said how well made it was. I believe they are made in Germany but Nigel Allen did once say the barrels are Walther! Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    My Z4 Roadster is a hansome car
    May be in your eyes

Unfortunately BMW's are two a penny now on our roads, so driving something completely different is what makes you stand out from the crowd now.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Well you know the answer to that then, buy a Tomahawk/Longbow and have a rifle made by a fellow , you would even have enough change out of £600 to have it tuned by one of the many top tuners this country has to offer, I will also stick by my past comments and say that it seems very few Germans can design anything good looking.

Pete
    Happily, I already have a Tommie and a walnut Longbow.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
    Well I think it’s a thing of beauty but aesthetics are subjective.

Definitely more Zaha Hadid than Sir Christopher Wren.

There is a quality to the line that just works, particularly the breach area where the angles of the breach block are continued into the stock.

But more importantly it comes to hand effortlessly. It’s alive in your hands, a naturally pointy rifle.

I also appreciate that some real thought has been put into the rear sight, which makes a refreshing change as many make no effort in this area.

The rifle beautifully made, to fantastic tolerances. It literally slides apart. Everything fits perfectly. There’s no wriggling barrel shims into place or fitting trigger pins with a knocking stick. So wherever they have chosen to manufacture it is fine by me.

I’m toying with putting mine on ticket to get the best out of it. I think it would cruise at 16.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I really like it, but Mach is right. A walnut stocked version in .22 would be amazing.

ATB

Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    When Mr Pope increased the power on mine from 5.5 to 11.4 he said how well made it was. I believe they are made in Germany but Nigel Allen did once say the barrels are Walther! Mach 1.5
    You guys are selling it to me. Both on the quality (which I'd expect from FWB) and the handling. Just can't imagine spending £600 on something that ought to cost, maybe £350-400 and then needs work to get up to 11 ft/lbs.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    You guys are selling it to me. Both on the quality (which I'd expect from FWB) and the handling. Just can't imagine spending £600 on something that ought to cost, maybe £350-400 and then needs work to get up to 11 ft/lbs.
    If you are spending £600 on a springer, there are plenty of other options that will get you a better gun. Well made it may be, but £600, for a gun that is never going to shoot that well at 12 FP without serious work ? And compared with £200 for a decent used 124/7 it's even crazier...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    If you are spending £600 on a springer, there are plenty of other options that will get you a better gun. Well made it may be, but £600, for a gun that is never going to shoot that well at 12 FP without serious work ? And compared with £200 for a decent used 124/7 it's even crazier...
    That's what I mean, Jon. I can accept it is actually quite a desirable piece (despite the looks), but the price is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    But how do you define better? Surely that depends on what you want from an air rifle, Jon.

These days I have no interest in killing animals and only compete against myself, so a rifle where the rewards only come with hard work is perfect for me. I love my FTS 77s, and if I were to compete again that is what I would choose as they are so forgiving. My most used rifle is one of the very first Mk1 127s, it was nearly a decade old when I picked it up in 82. But again it's easy to shoot it well.

But to really test myself the new Sport is the one. It's so rewarding to shoot. On the odd occasion, when the planets align, we are awesome together.

On the odd occasion, when the planets align, we are awesome together.
    To be honest, if I spent £600 on a rifle, I expect it too be SPOT ON everytime I shoot it (which my Prosport is) not just every now and then when the rifle feels like it should live up to it's price tag and heritage.

Pete

To be honest, if I spent £600 on a rifle, I expect it too be SPOT ON everytime I shoot it (which my Prosport is) not just every now and then when the rifle feels like it should live up to it's price tag and heritage.

Pete
    The rifle is spot on all the time, me, not so much.

The rifle is spot on all the time, me, not so much.
    I don't know what it is about my Prosport but it just seems to me that what ever state of mind I'm in and however long I leave the rifle between sessions, I can always pick it up and within a couple of shots it's impressing me with the sort of accuracy you'd expect from a top end PCP and the embarrassing thing is, I don't even have to try.

Pete