Thread: Leftie prices :-(

Leftie prices :-(

Why is it when I try to buy a leftie, it's rare and worth a zillion times more than a righty, buy when you try to sell one, you just can't, even for reasonable righty money, and end up dropping the price a load.
    Am I just expecting too much from fellow human beings? :-(
    Thanks - Geoff.

Market share is ~ 1 tenth the size of the total market. Therefore they cost more to manufacture, and there's a smaller demographic to sell to.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

My old boss told me that most geniuses are left handed and that all the people that have ever walked in the moon are left handed.

So suck it up, clever bloke. Us right handed masses have to make do with substandard brains and cheap guns

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    Why is it when I try to buy a leftie, it's rare and worth a zillion times more than a righty, buy when you try to sell one, you just can't, even for reasonable righty money, and end up dropping the price a load.
    Am I just expecting too much from fellow human beings? :-(
    Not true Geoff. You are right when considering new purchases but second hand I've always found buyers for left hand rifles-generally speaking, grateful left handed shooters!! Likewise when buying it doesn't usually take me long to find what I want.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    Market share is ~ 1 tenth the size of the total market. Therefore they cost more to manufacture, and there's a smaller demographic to sell to.
    Pete the argument isn't about relative market size but discrimination which is illegal. I have always contended that selling LH products at a higher price than the same item for RH users is discriminatory but I am told that it probably is just about legal and no one would be prepared to risk the amount of money involved to bring a legal challenge to put it to the test.. Clearly all measures to aid 'minorities' involves an element of extra cost but in most cases the public is prepared to accept the extra in the interests of the common good.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

What you after

Having a clear out.
    Have 3 near new top of the range left handed Match target Air pistols.
    Plus about 6-8 left handed grips.

Same price as the right handed. ;0)

Hi Nick

I am a 'lefty' and after a 10m pistol, can you let me know what pistols you have for sale and also which left hand grips.

When I was selling my webleys to raise funds lots (well relatively!!!) of left hand pistols for sale, now hard to find

cheers

hi Nick

I am also a lefty in search of a 10m Pistol and would interested to know what you have available and the prices

thanks
    Steyr LP10

Quote Originally Posted by garza71 View Post
    hi Nick

I am also a lefty in search of a 10m Pistol and would interested to know what you have available and the prices

thanks
    Have pmed you full details and a contact number.

Nick

I feel your pain. I've finally got myself a LP400 that not only had a left hand grip but was my size too! I don't have the money to buy new and the prices for s/h PCP match pistols meant that by the time I had factored in the cost of grip I might as well as bought new.

Anyway, I now have a perfectly good FAS 604 pistol for sale with left hand medium grip and original case. I was shooting a 87 average with it up to a couple of months ago. £250.

I've now got a (left hand) Morini 162ei, been shooting it for two weeks now. Its a fantastic pistol, settling down to ave of 86/87 so can see it will last me a few years as I 'grow into it'.

Another good option for left handed rifle shooters is to buy a rifle with an Ambi stock.

Some manufacturers such as Walther have made some really nice Ambi stocked match rifles that are equally good to shoot left handed as they to shoot right handed.

I have been using a Walther LG90 Ambi rifle as a right handed shooter for a couple of years or so and during this time period I have let various left handed rifle shooters spend an odd evening with it and they have all been impressed with the level of comfort and surprised at the lack of compromise they experienced.

Another advantage of owning an Ambi stocked rifle is the ease with which it can be sold when the time comes to move it on as it will appeal to both left and right handed shooters !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.