Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, AA prosport, what's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    Both great but hope ya got big arms to lug em about,rather heavy.
    Won't be lugging it around, tis a weekend at the range gun, just for fun
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Just invested in a new Prosport in .177 The best out of the box springer I have ever known.

I'm not being funny here but actually the best 'out of the box' springer in my experience is the Walther LGV/LGU with the better trigger as supplied for the UK market. The PS runs it a close second provided you are right handed.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Thanks all for your answers
    I regretted selling my .22 TX to Mister Trumpetier, so bought another in .177 which, after a Nick Gibney conversion, is quite simply the nicest springer that I have ever owned. How I wish that Air Arms would produce one in .20. Tried a ProSport too but prefer the seemingly more robust cocking lever of the TX.

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    I regretted selling my .22 TX to Mister Trumpetier, so bought another in .177 which, after a Nick Gibney conversion, is quite simply the nicest springer that I have ever owned. How I wish that Air Arms would produce one in .20. Tried a ProSport too but prefer the seemingly more robust cocking lever of the TX.
    I hear great things about the Nick Gibney conversion but you are massively increasing the cost of the rifle. Is it really worth £200? I'm genuinely interested to know.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I hear great things about the Nick Gibney conversion but you are massively increasing the cost of the rifle. Is it really worth £200? I'm genuinely interested to know.
    Hello Nick,
    It wasn't as much as £200 and I did deliberate somewhat to start with. However, this was for a rifle that I fully intend to keep so on balance, yes - I felt it was well worth it. I've tweaked a few myself in the past but although my own efforts have resulted in considerable improvement over the original, NG's conversion is streets ahead. It has a lovely firing cycle.
    It's all too easy for costs to mount up. Adjustable butt-pads, fancy trigger blades, unnecessarily-expensive 'scopes etc etc. I don't have any of those but I'm pleased to have the NG components.
    I love the AA rifles but just don't know why AA don't use similar components themselves!

And this is another reason I'd like a 77/97... I've had .22 which is wonderful fun, and .177 brilliant trajectory but it just zipps through coke cans too easy ..., No neither will do for the ultimate pleasure rifle!! It's got to be a .20!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    And this is another reason I'd like a 77/97... I've had .22 which is wonderful fun, and .177 brilliant trajectory but it just zipps through coke cans too easy ..., No neither will do for the ultimate pleasure rifle!! It's got to be a .20!
    The 97K in .20 is indeed superb. A mutual acquaintance has one.......

The 97K in .20 is indeed superb. A mutual acquaintance has one.......
    Yes, I think I may have shot said 97 once or twice at one of the bashes.. was long before I had a real interest in them.
    I should just get my head down & save a bit of cash, decide on the 97 or 77 & get one ordered from Germany before brexit screws everything up!