Thread: So, AA prosport, what's the deal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So, AA prosport, what's the deal?

Hi all., I've been hankering after an underleaver as a "shoot all day" pleasure rifle mainly for use at the wonderful boinger bashes that T20 kindly arranges for us all. I'd kinda decided that I wanted a 97 in .177/.20 which I could tinker into a really sweet 10ftlbs, easy cocking accuracy machine, with a lush stock & a nice fixed 4 or 6 scope on top. Now I've just recently had a go on a very good condition Webley eclipse which was nice to shoot and it got me thinking maybe I'm being too narrow minded on my choice so I've been looking around & had a bit of a look at the prosport. It seems like a nice looking gun, lots of good reviews etc & I'm wondering what the lowdown with these is....
    Any experience/knowledge on these guns would be much appreciated please.,
    Thanks
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Personally Rhys I prefer the TX over the PS, mainly down to the cocking, the TX being much nicer over a prolonged session. I've owned a few of both, surprise, surprise

I have both the tx200hc and the pro sport and both are accurate well built and lovely to shoot .
    However , for a prolonged shoot , I prefer the tx200 . If You can try both , see which You prefer .
    Paul

I shoot a pro-sport and previously had the TX.

Both are lovely and it's preference really. The TX is nicer in a long session due to it being easier to cock. But the prosport has a different anti bear trap mechanism which is less annoying.

There's a very nice TX just gone up in the ads for a good price....

BigEars Guest
    In another part of the forest someone is keen to sel a prosport. I have one, they're lovely and easy to work on.

Just invested in a new Prosport in .177 The best out of the box springer I have ever known.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk