Thread: Airsporter MKV Tune?

Airsporter MKV Tune?

Oops! The title should read "Airsporter MKV11 Tune"

I've been fiddling with a .22 cal MKV11 Airsporter all afternoon that I got for a pittance a few days ago.With a new piston head, buffer washer and O ring it puts out a whopping 8.6ftlbs with a used Airsporter spring.

The tap seals perfectly and the spring I have just put in,in place of the Airsporter spring is a 32 coil Titan which reduced the ME to just 8.3ftlbs!

Could Airsporter tuners offer some suggestion,please as it seems this particular Airsporter may just be a lemon!
    Last edited by mrto; 15-08-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    easy way to get a lot more power and a nicer shooting gun, it to convert the piston to take a diana 28mm parachute type seal.
    * remove the piston head and buffer and put them in the parts bin
    * shorten the piston nose spigot a mm or two
    * thread it M8 or similar
    * make an ally adapter (dovetail type) to suit the diana seal, including a shoulder of around 2-3mm (you can't make the stroke too long, or it'll run out of cocking slot)
    * screw the ally seal adapter onto your M8 threaded spigot and fit the seal

will make 11+ FP all day long with a very moderate spring, and shoot softer too (better piston cushioning / more swept volume)

Takes less than an hour.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks for the suggestion,it seems the best solution for every type of O ring equipped BSA and one that I may in time try.

ATB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    easy way to get a lot more power and a nicer shooting gun, it to convert the piston to take a diana 28mm parachute type seal.
    * remove the piston head and buffer and put them in the parts bin
    * shorten the piston nose spigot a mm or two
    * thread it M8 or similar
    * make an ally adapter (dovetail type) to suit the diana seal, including a shoulder of around 2-3mm (you can't make the stroke too long, or it'll run out of cocking slot)
    * screw the ally seal adapter onto your M8 threaded spigot and fit the seal

will make 11+ FP all day long with a very moderate spring, and shoot softer too (better piston cushioning / more swept volume)

Takes less than an hour.
    Customseals sell an adapter to take the 28mm seal all that's needed is to have the rod trimmed down drilled and tapped M5 http://www.customairseals.com/produc...-seal-adaptor/
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Customseals sell an adapter to take the 28mm seal all that's needed is to have the rod trimmed down drilled and tapped M5 http://www.customairseals.com/produc...-seal-adaptor/
    Excellent, good on them, gives those folks without lathes an easy option

just need to make sure the spacer isn't too thick, as it look a little beefy, but any washer will do.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Excellent, good on them, gives those folks without lathes an easy option

just need to make sure the spacer isn't too thick, as it look a little beefy, but any washer will do.
    The original Diana seals being softer are a bit more forgiving .....I have the seal kit but don't have access to a lathe
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive