Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hw77, 97, AA ps, tx200, walther lgu.., or ???

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Just to complicate matters for you Rhys, take a look at a Theoben SLR 98 or better still the SLR 88 ! (If you can find one)
    “An airgun or two”………

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Just to complicate matters for you Rhys, take a look at a Theoben SLR 98 or better still the SLR 88 ! (If you can find one)

Ooh, that looks like the correct answer!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

My thoughts have been expressed on other threads over the last week or so. Prosport is the way to go. I have just done so and the only thing I had to do was clean it and adjust the first stage of the trigger pull.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    That is the correct answer but as with anything itl be too expensive. A 98 with cs800, and one in .20 ! be lovely John but it'll cost the thick end of £600 unless I get lucky and it'd be one of those once in a lifetime things I recon. One day though
    No, I think I'm liking the 77/97.. maybe a 77 in a 97 stock?! I don't know but it'll be cheaper than £600+!! Think I'd like to put that doctor on top
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    That is the correct answer but as with anything itl be too expensive. A 98 with cs800, and one in .20 ! be lovely John but it'll cost the thick end of £600 unless I get lucky and it'd be one of those once in a lifetime things I recon. One day though
    No, I think I'm liking the 77/97.. maybe a 77 in a 97 stock?! I don't know but it'll be cheaper than £600+!! Think I'd like to put that doctor on top
    ...and some if it's an '88. But not exactly an everyday gun - mine gets to go out when it's guaranteed sun only.

I have a couple of PS, but these days it's the tuned '77 and '97 that get pulled out first. My FT springer rig is based on a '97. i have shot TX's but just prefer the HWs.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    ...and some if it's an '88. But not exactly an everyday gun - mine gets to go out when it's guaranteed sun only.

I have a couple of PS, but these days it's the tuned '77 and '97 that get pulled out first. My FT springer rig is based on a '97. i have shot TX's but just prefer the HWs.

Yeah., I'm thinking 77/97 & at the moment I'm thinking 97 as z German's do the blue laminate one in a .20 for 10euro more than the equivalent .177. I also figured the blue laminate stock would sell easier and for more if I didn't like it and decided to go for a CS500 instead
    Both options with a bit of internal tinkering to me feel like a good option. I just can't get out of my head the full length 77... I'd really like to try one & see how it balances..
    Any thoughts on the full length 77 over the 97k ?
    Thanks Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Park 91, my two will outshoot my Venom 77 and SLR88. Think it will outshoot or equal anything suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Park 91, my two will outshoot my Venom 77 and SLR88. Think it will outshoot or equal anything suggested.
    Interesting, lovely, and probably as expensive & rare as the 88.....
    Thanks for the suggestion though

Zephyr 77, by Airgun Centre back in early 80s. Again, if you can find one.

One to have a look at would be the Diana 470TH it is a beautiful rifle and lovely to fire. I went to buy one and would have had it, had I not seen and bought the Diana 56TH instead. I still want to get one, but I may have to wait a little longer for that one.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Rhys, come and take my MK1 77K (.22) away and use it for as long as you wish. Might help you decide!

Today I purchased the Air Arms TX200 in .177 from sportsman gun centre in Exeter. Ive just fitted and zeroed the 4-12 x 50 scope and the consistency is incredible. Its as good if not better than my Theoben Evolution. Highly recommend it for an underlever

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Rhys, come and take my MK1 77K (.22) away and use it for as long as you wish. Might help you decide!
    Now that's a very kind offer I'd love to!! I just need to have this baby & IL arrange a visit, maybe on a tedbury evening... I'll buck up those bits n bobs of barrel when I'm at it
    Thanks Mike!

Park Rifes swop hands at around £450 to £550 if pristine, sometimes for a good bit less. Luck really, as most people just don't know what they are or put off by their complexity. In truth not easy to sort out/fix if something is wrong as parts are scarce and not off the peg.
    Anyhow, a good one should nat drive.

Now that's a very kind offer I'd love to!! I just need to have this baby & IL arrange a visit, maybe on a tedbury evening... I'll buck up those bits n bobs of barrel when I'm at it
    Thanks Mike!
    More offspring