Thread: Hw77, 97, AA ps, tx200, walther lgu.., or ???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    That is the correct answer but as with anything itl be too expensive. A 98 with cs800, and one in .20 ! be lovely John but it'll cost the thick end of £600 unless I get lucky and it'd be one of those once in a lifetime things I recon. One day though
    No, I think I'm liking the 77/97.. maybe a 77 in a 97 stock?! I don't know but it'll be cheaper than £600+!! Think I'd like to put that doctor on top
    Rhys, come and take my MK1 77K (.22) away and use it for as long as you wish. Might help you decide!

Today I purchased the Air Arms TX200 in .177 from sportsman gun centre in Exeter. Ive just fitted and zeroed the 4-12 x 50 scope and the consistency is incredible. Its as good if not better than my Theoben Evolution. Highly recommend it for an underlever

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Rhys, come and take my MK1 77K (.22) away and use it for as long as you wish. Might help you decide!
    Now that's a very kind offer I'd love to!! I just need to have this baby & IL arrange a visit, maybe on a tedbury evening... I'll buck up those bits n bobs of barrel when I'm at it
    Thanks Mike!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Park Rifes swop hands at around £450 to £550 if pristine, sometimes for a good bit less. Luck really, as most people just don't know what they are or put off by their complexity. In truth not easy to sort out/fix if something is wrong as parts are scarce and not off the peg.
    Anyhow, a good one should nat drive.

Now that's a very kind offer I'd love to!! I just need to have this baby & IL arrange a visit, maybe on a tedbury evening... I'll buck up those bits n bobs of barrel when I'm at it
    Thanks Mike!
    More offspring

More offspring
    And your surprised ??! Lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

You ol' shagger you

I know it's short notice mate but, I'll be at the shop in Devizes looking at a TX tomorrow at around 3pm.
    I'll put my 97 in the boot and, I know he's got some 77s and a few others in at the moment.

I know it's short notice but, if you can make it, I'll haggle you a discount

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    You ol' shagger you

I know it's short notice mate but, I'll be at the shop in Devizes looking at a TX tomorrow at around 3pm.
    I'll put my 97 in the boot and, I know he's got some 77s and a few others in at the moment.

I know it's short notice but, if you can make it, I'll haggle you a discount
    Thanks for the offer but I'm stuck in today... And I'm not quite ready to plunge yet. I'm going to have a play on as meany 77/97's as I can, so I can see which I prefer.

Thanks for the offer but I'm stuck in today... And I'm not quite ready to plunge yet. I'm going to have a play on as meany 77/97's as I can, so I can see which I prefer.
    No worries mate

I got the TX home and, it doesn't feel like any other new TX that I've picked up - it sounds as dry as a nuns chuff when I pull the underlever

Maybe I've been spoiled with tuned springers but, this don't feel good. It's getting a full strip on my next day off.

All of the above.

And your surprised ??! Lol
    I admire your stamina... Lock up yer daughters, Lightnin's in town!

I admire your stamina... Lock up yer daughters, Lightnin's in town!
    Lol.., don't worry your daughters are safe. I'm thinking of getting the snip!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Mate, get yourself a older 25mm 77, beautiful
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryD View Post
    Even better answer: 25mm '77 short stroked with titanium piston and fully glided, as per Paul Short tuning. Cocks like an hw30 effortwise and shoots full power but as soft as butter

25mm, 25mm, 25mm.....
    Isn't this something I can sleeve down to from a STD 97/77 if I think it's necessary?? Or is it different in the older models?

Heyup Rhys's mate,
    Like Dave said at the very beginning a 25 mm hw77, or if you want something affordable out of left field a superstar and spend a bit of time and money making it shoot well