Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
TX vs HW
Bore: Tx is 25mm, current HW is 26 - tx better
stroke: current TX 98mm, HW not sure around 88 ? HW better, but a longer latch rod or a nose extension for the TX is cheap and brings the stroke down to an even better 85mm (like the mk1)
safety; TX has a beartrap, HW doesn't. If you don't want the TX beartrap, a slither of credit card disables it. Or just get used to it
trigger; not much in it
balance; as above
aftermarket stocks; as above
firing cycle; tx is lazaglided out of the box, and has a rotating piston, which helps. But HW has a bit more spring room, and a better piston seal.
random stuff: TX is easy to rebarrel if you want/need. And easier to strip (not that the HW is at all hard).
At the most extreme end of tuning, the HW kinda edges the TX purely in terms of spring room, but I'm talking 22mm sleaves, complete custom powerplant etc.

Summary:
out of the box - mk1/2 TX or 25mm HW best, but from the current guns the HW is better
cheap tune - stroke reduced TX best
tune (e.g. lazaglide) - nothing in it
extreme tune (e.g. 22mm sleave, custom piston etc) - HW edges it on spring room

(however I much prefer the TX 'cos I am quite fond of keeping all my digits, and the HW has no ABT)
Good balanced breakdown Jon, thanks!! I'll have to read it a few times & think about what I'm aiming at (pun intended!)