Thread: Copper Coated Pellets

Red face Copper Coated Pellets

I perused the bay looking for couple tins of Bisley Super fields for my BSA Spitfire .22, the only pellet it shoots straight Whilst there I noticed there are a lot of copper coated pellets of various brands,designs for various purposes. Does anyone use them and what apart from being cleaner for pinkies is the advantages out of interest?
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

I've tried them a couple of times, the second time because I couldn't quite believe how badly they grouped (patterned?) the first time.

Don't waste your money...

For hand wringers so worried about lead poisoning they can shoot stuff & the lead doesn't touch the meat.

I have tried them as part of a selection pack in both .177 & .22, they were equally crap as are the copper coated .22lr bullets (in my rifle)

Oh well another gimmick There has been many over the years!!!!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Cant be that good for the barrel either...?
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Lead Poisoning

The fuss surrounding that evil nasty stuff called lead is most likely the reason , although it may not be mentioned . Possibly being seen to avoid unnecessary legislation or intervention . There has been lots of talk about lead shot being banned so . . . They have been around for years but recently much more tins seen . Most I see are from Germany , very healthy but different culture of club shooting there - no hunting allowed , with all ages especially young shooters encouraged . It does make sense to minimise lead handling for regular users in this scenario . Cannot see how copper can harm steel , but am no metallurgist .
    Time for bed soon so must brush my teeth - have some toothpaste I found leftover in the spare cabinet from 20 odd years ago - in lead tube

Three words. load of crap.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

I wouldn't put them through my Hoover.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Useless in my guns and the one I tried was the copper coated Barracudas. I believe they brought these out so the ever neurotic Yanks would not go suing the manufacturer for lead poisoning after handling lead pellets. Save your money and don't bother.

A.G