Thread: Colchester Game Keeper

Colchester Game Keeper

The above on Gunstar, looks mint. £995 r lass was looking into getting me one of these a few years back because i said id always wanted one, she missed one at £595 and i never got one, i wonder no £995's too much it is mint though she might ill just mention it you never know. Where they any good?

gamekeeper

they are quite heavy and i would say £1000 is way to much for one ,, they wernt that accurate either ,

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Too rich in my book. Keep looking one will turn up.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    The above on Gunstar, looks mint. £995 r lass was looking into getting me one of these a few years back because i said id always wanted one, she missed one at £595 and i never got one, i wonder no £995's too much it is mint though she might ill just mention it you never know. Where they any good?
    I had one and the bolt has been modified plus the bottle isn't the original (bigger), does otherwise look good but £1k is too rich
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Rare things

Just had a look . Does look sweet . One of those airguns that people still talk about , and want . Because of that , yes its worth it for something that has been looked after . Was offered one but it was leaking then found after reading up that a lot of these leak .
    If sorted then all good .
    I would buy one at much less money then give to somebody I know or trust to this but if on the day the Seller could convince you of the work done then well worth it . Stunning gun . And as for the design barrel swops in seconds .
    I see adverts listing new airguns at near £2k mark . Barmy when mass produced i.m.o .
    But if they are collectible airguns and if rare , desirable and still usable then prices will naturally rise . Guns like this or lets say the AirLogic Genesis , BSA
    Stutzen .25 , John Bowkett Custom , Stalker will all simply go up and up as fewer are seen .

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    You lucky chap, my other half bought me an air rifle once, cost her all of £3 and the barrel was quite bent.

They are collectable and so demand a premium. There were never that many made and part of the revival off precharged now the common everyday PCP. Certain rifles have caught the collectors "list" and the Gamekeeper hugh on it.
    So yes they will gain and hold value. The example should be in top nick as its at the higher end of recent pricing.

As a rifle some think they were good, others less impressed. Now it really doesn't matter, collectors rarely care beyond going pop. Should of bought a few when prices were £300 mark.

[QUOTE=buttloaves;7318965]The above on Gunstar, looks mint. £995 r lass was looking into getting me one of these a few years back because i said id always wanted one, she missed one at £595 and i never got one, i wonder no £995's too much it is mint though she might ill just mention it you never know. Where they any good?[/QUOTe

What is my unmolested Colchester Gamekeeper (serial number 00012) worth these days, It was given to me as a retirement present from the company I worked for.
    Photographs here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fronte...57625479059030

[QUOTE=Fronteria;7319616]
    The above on Gunstar, looks mint. £995 r lass was looking into getting me one of these a few years back because i said id always wanted one, she missed one at £595 and i never got one, i wonder no £995's too much it is mint though she might ill just mention it you never know. Where they any good?[/QUOTe

What is my unmolested Colchester Gamekeeper (serial number 00012) worth these days, It was given to me as a retirement present from the company I worked for.
    £0.20p and half chewed caramel

That looks cool. I remember seeing them in the magazines when I bought them year ago.

[QUOTE=Fronteria;7319616]
    The above on Gunstar, looks mint. £995 r lass was looking into getting me one of these a few years back because i said id always wanted one, she missed one at £595 and i never got one, i wonder no £995's too much it is mint though she might ill just mention it you never know. Where they any good?[/QUOTe

Brill retirement present, Would look good in my collection. Lol. Be lucky if I got a gat pistol for my retirement. Col

trying to resurrect my gamekeeper at the min....serial is 000141

I've one too and I've also got the wood SLR furniture for it as well.... Need to get a plate machined to let the butt fit onto the action and keep the original plastic butt intact....

trying to sort out seals as we chat lol
    as yours got the original valve in as like a pic if you strip it next time please.
    my mate lost my charging adapter and only one that works on mine is the brass version not steel made s16 adapter

I wouldnt be interested in this unless a collector of rare guns...
    It wasnt as accurate as a good well tuned springer and had quite a sharp power curve ...
    Tried one out on loan for a few weeks but totally out shot it with an old Rapid 7 for fun.
    Very well engineered piece all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    I wouldnt be interested in this unless a collector of rare guns...
    It wasnt as accurate as a good well tuned springer and had quite a sharp power curve ...
    Tried one out on loan for a few weeks but totally out shot it with an old Rapid 7 for fun.
    Very well engineered piece all the same.
    totally agree....
    i had a beat up venom hw77 vantage which i swopped for a compound bow from a member on here many years ago...
    anyway i was using 10.5gn crosman prems in it and use to shoot standing up on the hft course at P.A.R.C air rifle club.
    anyway each week i took this rifle and i never got beat against modern pcps which included...mk 1 papid / mk2 rapid / mfr / styers etc.....out of 24 targets ranging from 10 yds to 55 yds i got an average of around 19 /20
    we found out it was doing 19ftlb later but a joy to shoot.
    i had an early low 3 figure serial number mk 1 rapid for years ....around 15 before i swopped it for a series 3 landrover and that was very accurate too.
    gamekeepers are collectable and will always increase in value but i dont think they are accurate as early rapids were....
    then again i hear stories where daystate valves are fitted and they are very accurate.....
    i cannot say how good they are as i have never had the chance to shoot mine yet