Thread: Daystate Forester.....how much is it worth?

Daystate Forester.....how much is it worth?

A chap at our gun club brought along his Ltd. Ed. .177 Daystate Forester last night, asking if anyone was interested in buying it & stating that he was open to offers. It was complete with a silver MTC Genesis 4~16 SF Scope & hard case. The only minus point was a small ding on one side of the laminated stock.

I'm a sucker for 'fancy' guns and I thought that this one was an absolute stunner! Had a shoot with it as well & it wasn't half bad, although there did seem some variance with the AA Diablo Field that it was loaded with.

The chap wouldn't say what he was expecting for it only that he'd paid close on £2k for it. Wondered if anyone one had an idea of what a 2nd hand one was worth in the current market?

Roughly 60% of original price seems to be the going rate

Although the Forester is a superb gun, Daystate do make an awful lot of "special editions", so the value might not be quite as high as people might originally think.

The best price is what you want to pay, and they will accept......

Enjoy!

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

HUNTSMAN OR WOLVERINE? Also genesis would be 5-20 mag, huntsman seem to be about £1000, wolverine more, silver genesis around £200.

Daystate Forester...

Thank you all for your input, much appreciated although I now fear that this will be too rich for me!

Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
    Thank you all for your input, much appreciated although I now fear that this will be too rich for me!
    Would he take a trade in if you had one to trade in? If he is buying a new rifle then he will be able to trade in the one you traded to him

Daystate Forester...

He's disabled and finding his Daystate and AA TX200 both a bit of a handful and wants to part with both and get something like a HW110, so he's looking to sell privately in order to get the best deal. Doubt if he'd be interested in any one of my 3 BSA's.....

Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
    He's disabled and finding his Daystate and AA TX200 both a bit of a handful and wants to part with both and get something like a HW110, so he's looking to sell privately in order to get the best deal. Doubt if he'd be interested in any one of my 3 BSA's.....
    I see. Pity .

Daystate Forester...

I know.....but maybe it saves me from something that I really can't afford or need! Still, it is a lovely piece of kit.....