Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Tracker & BSA mercury challenger both .22

Webley Tracker & BSA mercury challenger both .22

Hi did have these in the for sale section but as was unsure of price they must have been removed, these are my dads rifles both work as they should and are in good condition for there age I am hoping for a friend coming to view them who I hope will have an idea of there value. Any advice would be appreciated. I do have these in the wanted - swap section with a picture can send more if needed.
    Thanks S
    Last edited by spike mk2; 16-08-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Hi Spike,

Yep, your sales thread was deleted because you must state prices on a 'for sale' thread.

If you want a valuation, why not make this a valuation thread? (I can edit the thread title for you if you want), then when you have a price in mind, start another sales thread in sales with your picture?

I've left your swap thread there just for now (for the picture), but you need to state what you want to swap for, otherwise another mod will likely come along and delete that as well.

Not being difficult mate, it's just how the forum works.

Valuation

Both collectible and both still very usable .
    What version is the Tracker ? Beech or Walnut DeLuxe ( or black / cammo ? ) .
    This can make a difference as can condition . Calibre can make a difference , with .22 more common .
    Have less experience with the BSA Mercury Magnum , very desirable to me but the reality is this was superceded by later BSA's along the same lines . Hence today many will still see BSA break barrel and buy a Lightning or earlier Supersport . But to some that like the styling , the even earlier kit is worthy of attention and not seen that often . Again condition / stockwork condition ?

Apologies just seen your other thread

Just drifted over the swops section and see your thread and image .
    Nice guns , in great condition , well looked after .

Tracker - with its rearsight intact and a PH steel silencer - although the woodwork looks beech , it is a very nice piece of beech .
    BSA - stunning classic break barrel , beech stock in the classy BSA walnut look finish , with its rearsight intact ( and possibly foresight ? ) .
    Old scopes do nowt for me so tend not to put real value on them but do know Simmonds are liked .

Values are opinions not shared by everyone , especially here .
    Tracker £200
    BSA £225 +/- dep on scope ( but if the scope is really desirable as a period piece then + and perhaps + a bit again .

Some may counter these values with " I paid only £60 for mine " which can actually happen for these older period guns , but remember they wouldn't sell any of them for that .

A few close up photo's would help, so we can see condition of stock, bluing and any signs of rust, otherwise it's guess work low end £80 top end £200ish
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Webley Tracker & BSA mercury challenger both .22

i'd say £180 for the tracker, £225 for the bsa & sell the scope seperatly for £30.

Thanks very much for all the advice gives me a better idea of there value but I guess with the type of rifles they are there only as valuables someone is willing to pay

pictures

Hi added a few more pictures on the wanted-swap section for the people that asked thanks again S

Tracker- £150-£160. My walnut stock deluxe are only around the £200 so beech a bit lower.
    Mercury- as it is a challenger (yes i know i missed that bit doh ) is spot on a 225. Have seen them fetch up to 250 but have to be excellent condition for that.
    Last edited by WILBA; 17-08-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Tracker- £150-£160. My walnut stock deluxe are only around the £200 so beech a bit lower.
    Mercury- depends what mark it is. Think £225 is a bit high myself. Lower marks if excellent condition are more sort after. If yours for example was a mk3 and boxed unused condition then i would agree with £225. Id say between £150-£170 myself.but that is not knowing what mk it is. Regards. Chris
    Wilba can I come park up the van at your place next hols lol and do some airgun hunting in Wales ! DeLuxe Tracker for that money is worth driving for .
    Mercury Magnum as mentioned by OP is the later or last and better ( ? ) Mercury pre Supersport . Have lost track as BSA got busy around this time , but Magnums were the specials with among other things the seperate scope rail later seen on the 'new' Superstar , Airsporter and Stutzen Rb2 - horrible thing and hastle to remove for basic servicing but a plus selling point back then .

Just for another opinion on the Tracker;

I sold my circa 1994/6 Webley Tracker Camo Limited Edition .22 for £100 a few months ago on another airgun forum. It had no sights with it but was in good condition otherwise and worked fine. I could have sold it for a little more but was after a quick sale for a cash injection.

Ultimately it's only worth what someone's willing to pay but I'd say looking at the Tracker anywhere from £120-£160 tops would be in the right ball park. Also it depends massively on how it shoots still, whether or not it's giving good power, what the blueing is like on the action and general overall condition which is very hard to determine from pictures alone.

Welsh Airgun Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by GMballistic View Post
    Just for another opinion on the Tracker;

I sold my circa 1994/6 Webley Tracker Camo Limited Edition .22 for £100 a few months ago on another airgun forum. It had no sights with it but was in good condition otherwise and worked fine. I could have sold it for a little more but was after a quick sale for a cash injection.

Ultimately it's only worth what someone's willing to pay but I'd say looking at the Tracker anywhere from £120-£160 tops would be in the right ball park. Also it depends massively on how it shoots still, whether or not it's giving good power, what the blueing is like on the action and general overall condition which is very hard to determine from pictures alone.
    My friend , I'd have been in the car round Gloucester Bypass , out to Newent and then into deepest Welshland to buy this from you .
    Didn't realise the Camo was as late as ' 94 .

I think some of the lower prices quoted are more what people would hope to pay rather than the true value, particularly for the BSA (which if I were close I would be trying to make mine for a fair price).
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    My friend , I'd have been in the car round Gloucester Bypass , out to Newent and then into deepest Welshland to buy this from you .
    Didn't realise the Camo was as late as ' 94 .
    Jimmy i payed £100 for the tracker 2yrs ago. So bargains are to be had. Most of my collection i have had at bargain prices. I bought my khamsin for 160 6months after the tracker. And the list goes on. As the previous poster said its only worth what people are prepared to pay. Some people need cash and sell stuff cheaply to get the money in.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I think some of the lower prices quoted are more what people would hope to pay rather than the true value, particularly for the BSA (which if I were close I would be trying to make mine for a fair price).
    Rich
    I think the market dictates prices m8. Only worth what people think these days.