Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Tracker & BSA mercury challenger both .22

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I think the market dictates prices m8. Only worth what people think these days.
    You are correct m8, and several have attributed a higher value than you have. Everyone likes a bargain and I congratulate you on the patience and good fortune you have evidently displayed in some of your purchases.

Re-reading your valuation of the BSA, are you valuing it as a standard mercury rather than the Mercury Challenger (a superior version available for 1-2 years in the mid-eighties which is rare and sought after)?
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    You are correct m8, and several have attributed a higher value than you have. Everyone likes a bargain and I congratulate you on the patience and good fortune you have evidently displayed in some of your purchases.

Re-reading your valuation of the BSA, are you valuing it as a standard mercury rather than the Mercury Challenger (a superior version available for 1-2 years in the mid-eighties which is rare and sought after)?
    Rich
    Your right missed that bit. 225 is about right then. But the price for the tracker is about right. Have seen several going for the 150-160. And a few below. Beech ones go cheaper.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Tracker - with its rearsight intact and a PH steel silencer - although the woodwork looks beech , it is a very nice piece of beech .

Values are opinions not shared by everyone , especially here .
    Tracker £200

Some may counter these values with " I paid only £60 for mine " which can actually happen for these older period guns , but remember they wouldn't sell any of them for that .
    Silencer looks like a Webley Pro System one rather than P-H.
    If you have both the original foresight, barrel weight and the 'Webley' cover plate that would help the value quite a lot, but as it stands I'd say the £150-160 are closer estimates if the power is still good (they commonly ran about 9 or so ft/lbs and 10.5 ft/lbs at best).

tracker mercury challenger

Hi just to acknowledge I have read your threads guys thanks am waiting on a few replies through pm to quickly answer the rifles come with what you see in the pics there is a scope with one piece mount but its quite rough hence why its not in the pic which I now know is a Optima Moonlighter 3x9x45mm an a few other bits an bobs that can go to. Cheer again for all the help an opinions S