Thread: Prosport transformation

Prosport transformation

My Prosport has always been fed on a diet of JSB's and AA fields, as have most of my rifles for the last couple of years due to a huge stock of pellets from my FT days.
    I have now run the stock dry and am now in a position to start the laborious task of testing other brands of pellet (wasn't unhappy with either JSB or AA though) i was in the local gun shop and thought I would throw caution to the wind and buy some superdomes.

Well, I tried them tonight and they have transformed my very tame and well mannered rifle into a nasty, twangy, inconsistent rifle.

Lesson learned! Stick with known quality ammo.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    That'll teach you, all my .177's are fed on AA pellets as they just seem to work in everything I have at the moment, my Prosport loves them, it was a pain in the arse if I had to change pellets over if I took a different rifle out hunting.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Dare I say that this is actually not the fault of the pellet as per se. Superdomes are made of hard alloy and are a very tight fit in the breech, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get them going in the barrel. This will slow the cycle and probably introduce piston slam as the pellet gives in and starts to travel fast. This is probably why your tame Prosport has now become unruly.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Dare I say that this is actually not the fault of the pellet as per se. Superdomes are made of hard alloy and are a very tight fit in the breech, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get them going in the barrel. This will slow the cycle and probably introduce piston slam as the pellet gives in and starts to travel fast. This is probably why your tame Prosport has now become unruly.

A.G
    Thanks for your input on this. I did think it felt a little slammy, I originally thought it could be pellet weight but then realised there wasn't much in it. The alloy content observation does now make sense.
    Thanks.