Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showing my ignorance another Rapid question

Showing my ignorance another Rapid question

Are there different shapes or lengths of hammer in the MK2 rapid ?

one sold on the bay tonight but it looked different to the hammer in mine,
    on mine the thinnest section at the valve end is only as long as it is wide, the one on the bay the thin section was 3x as long ?

Or what's the overall length of a mk2 hammer?

All the answers are here in Rapid Heaven http://rapid7ownersclub.com

This is by no means definitive but the little pip at the end that strikes the valve unscrews and can be replaced. It has some impact on power. My FAC anschutz mk2 has a 7mm pip. They are normally somewhat longer in non FAC.

Then you get some with effectively a bolt and locking nut in the end which allows the pip length to be "tuned" by the user depending on spring set up etc. Not sure if the actual hammers change shape but I'm sure you'll find a handful of variants depending on model and age.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_h View Post
    This is by no means definitive but the little pip at the end that strikes the valve unscrews and can be replaced. It has some impact on power. My FAC anschutz mk2 has a 7mm pip. They are normally somewhat longer in non FAC.

Then you get some with effectively a bolt and locking nut in the end which allows the pip length to be "tuned" by the user depending on spring set up etc. Not sure if the actual hammers change shape but I'm sure you'll find a handful of variants depending on model and age.
    I think the std sub 12 is 14mm pip

I think you will find std. 12ftlb pip is 17mm.
    MK1 7/12 14" CZ barrel. , Dustin mod.Kevg reg. Bb valve , titanium tube, bushy legend. MK2 177,Kevg reg.silent pip,MK4 trigger,Bucketboy shroud.ssg spring, Nikon monarch

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
    I think you will find std. 12ftlb pip is 17mm.
    That's what I have always been told as well.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

See this is my issue, all the strip diagrams show one type of shape, my strip video shows a different type/shape, the one on the bay was a 3rd type/shape and mine is slightly different from all of them.

My "pip" is 7mm dia by 7mm long, which is why I asked the overall length in case the main body is longer.
    Last edited by angrybear; 17-08-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    See this is my issue, all the strip diagrams show one type of shape, my strip video shows a different type/shape, the one on the bay was a 3rd type/shape and mine is slightly different from all of them.

My "pip" is 7mm dia by 7mm long, which is why I asked the overall length in case the main body is longer.
    My 12/200 has an adjustable machine screw, thread locked to length, sorted by kevg a year ago, its first strip down in 17 yrs. i did have the bolt out for a polish up & measured the pip, shorter pip would need less hammer spring tension

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post
    My 12/200 has an adjustable machine screw, thread locked to length, sorted by kevg a year ago, its first strip down in 17 yrs. i did have the bolt out for a polish up & measured the pip, shorter pip would need less hammer spring tension

Now you've lost me, I'd have expected the longer pip to push the valve open harder/further/faster, so by default would expect a shorter pip to need more spring to achieve the same thing ?

[/COLOR]

Now you've lost me, I'd have expected the longer pip to push the valve open harder/further/faster, so by default would expect a shorter pip to need more spring to achieve the same thing ?
    shorted pip = longer travel so hit harder ( i think )

^^^this
    MK1 7/12 14" CZ barrel. , Dustin mod.Kevg reg. Bb valve , titanium tube, bushy legend. MK2 177,Kevg reg.silent pip,MK4 trigger,Bucketboy shroud.ssg spring, Nikon monarch

Fair do's, I bow to your superior knowledge

Right lets see if this works, should be a link to a pic of my hammer,

https://ibb.co/gp4N4v

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Right lets see if this works, should be a link to a pic of my hammer,

https://ibb.co/gp4N4v
    that's a very short pip
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    that's a very short pip
    Hence the above questions on pip length,
    It looks like my "MFR" is actually a "bitza" but when it works it's pin point accurate.
    Last edited by angrybear; 18-08-2017 at 10:15 AM.