Thread: HW95 vs HW99

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

HW95 vs HW99

I've just been going through some springers with Mrs Bum to find one she wants for range use.
    We went through the Diana 31 and a couple of more non-typical guns before moving on to the Hw's. She shouldered and cocked the 99 followed by the 95. She found the 95 easier to cock, but then confused me by saying she liked the fact it was lighter too!?[IMG]/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]

"No, no, no!" Says I, "you have it all wrong, the 99 is lighter than the 95." Oh how I laughed! Girls eh?

She gave me what can best be described as a stony look and told me I was wrong, the 95 is lighter.

Out came the scales, it was time to assert my technical prowess and knowledge of all things guns.

Now, I'll say right away, neither of these guns are anywhere even approaching standard. The 99 has a shortened barrel and a SAK moderator and the 95 is a full length mk1 with a barrel weight in a CS800 stock.

The HW99 wieghed in at 3,385 grams
    The HW95 weighed in at 3,179 grams

The HW95 is almost 1/2lb lighter.

Whoa! Hold the phone! Shut the front door! And other such exclamations of disbelief.
    That can't be right?

I weighed both again with the same result. How can this be?

Then the penny dropped![IMG]/forums/images/smilies/redface.gif[/IMG] The HW99 has a mini barrel sleeve between the breech block and moderator. Its the same colour as the metalwork, no wonder I'd missed it! I took that off and tried again.

The HW99 weighed in at 3,155 grams. That means a shortened HW99 is a whopping 24 grams less than a full length HW95 in a CS800 stock.

Frankly, I'm amazed!
    Last edited by tinbum; 17-08-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    God rest ye jelly mental men