Thread: What scope for a Tomahawk

What scope for a Tomahawk

Trying to decide on a correct period scope for a Webley Tomahawk ,something like a 3-9 x 40 but which make?

Suggestions please

I had an Edgar Brothers EB sniper 10x42 on mine and used to hit a 40mm 70 yard spinner with pleasing regularity.

It suited to rifle nicely too.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Tommy

Webley or Nikko platinum. Gloss black of course. Same scope just rebadged. Got them on my Tommy and longbow. Great scopes. Come with pa or non pa. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 17-08-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Would agree with the above ^ !
    “An airgun or two”………

Don't think I've got a platinum in the stash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Webley or Nikko platinum. Gloss black of course. Same scope just rebadged. Got them on my Tommy and longbow. Great scopes. Come with pa or non pa. Mach 1.5
    Got a Nikko Platinum 3-9×40AO on my Brumbow. The gloss black does look the Bees Knees as well as being a lovely clear scope!!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Agree on some kind of upmarket Japanese gloss glass - though to be honest by the time the Tommie came out in 2000 or so, most airgun scopes, even the upmarket ones, were Korean or Phillipines, and matte. But that Webley bluing deserves a gloss scope.

Another good and period correct option would be the early-mid 2000s SWFA 10x42. Great scope. Just not the nicest looking one.

I'd avoid the Webley-branded scopes. Unless someone corrects me, I think they were pretty average offerings. Edit: just properly read Mach's post, and I stand corrected.

For what it's worth, my Tommie wears a period-correct or slightly earlier 6x32 gloss finish Leupold (that I got cheap), and my Longbow a similarly roughly contemporary gloss Leupold 4-12x40 with Premier Reticles modified reticle (not so cheap, but heck, it's a great scope on a great gun and they suit each other).

Thats part of the problem as you say most scopes were matt black when the Tommie came on the seen, the Redfield I have is a 50 obj & I fancy a 40 obj this.

Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 Made in S. Korea and as tough as old house bricks with very repeatable tracking on turrets and zoom adjustment.

Have you looked at the Weaver Classic V, K and Rimfire scopes, very light weight scopes (8 to 12 oz) with good Japanese lenses and low capped turrets. You'll maybe have to re parallax though for airgun ranges.

No I've not looked at the classic Weavers,those I have are too old or too new