Thread: HW 110 not cocking?

HW 110 not cocking?

Took above to rifle club tonight and it didn't load! Used occaisionally at home and been fine.
    Moving the cocking lever rotates mag and chambers pellet, but pulling trigger does not fire. However, setting the safety, then cocking and releasing safety allows it to work. Although it will double load the pellet!
    Still under warranty, but inconvenient to return to seller and wait for repair.
    Any thoughts or experience with this sort of problem? David

Hiya ,
    I am from Workington , We we're doing an FT comp last Thursday and the same happened with another guy there ( same rifle ) the same things You described happened to his . Not sure what was wrong with it , I'll find out next week and let You know .

Paul

So a common fault perhaps?

thanks pjw, I'm not far from Workington, but bought the rifle in Skipton! Guess it will have to go back as it's less than a year old, at least I'm ready for the " never seen that before" discussion! David

Can you feel if the hammer is returning each time with the cocking lever? I.e. it is not engaging with the catch/sear. Otherwise it could just be the trigger, but that means it is cocked, so be very careful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragle Jnr View Post
    Took above to rifle club tonight and it didn't load! Used occaisionally at home and been fine.
    Moving the cocking lever rotates mag and chambers pellet, but pulling trigger does not fire. However, setting the safety, then cocking and releasing safety allows it to work. Although it will double load the pellet!
    Still under warranty, but inconvenient to return to seller and wait for repair.
    Any thoughts or experience with this sort of problem? David
    You shouldn't be able to apply the safety before cocking so something wrong in that area ! Best to get it back to dealer before making matters worse .

Thanks guys!

Loki: it feels exactly as if the sear(s) are not engaging and the bolt/hammer is closing. Normally there is more tension on closing the lever.

Nuggs: Yes, the safety will not move when uncooked, but it does with the lever pulled back, then the closing stroke of the lever feels normal, the bolt/hammer remains held and when the trigger is pulled the rifle discharges. Obviously not right and probably not safe to use unless pointed down range. David

Hw110

Hi, I had a HW110 in .22. It went back to Hull Cartridge twice re low power issues, and twice re cocking lever not working, the third time it happened, I took the rifle back to the shop, [it was 10 months old by now] told them I did not want the gun back or a replacement HW110. The shop [Windrow Sports] were great, they returned the gun back to Hull Cartridge and offered me a refund. I ended up with a good deal on a HW100 KT, which has proved to be faultless. I did enjoy shooting the HW110, accurate, light weight, and quiet, but having so many problems had no confidence in that model.
    Regards Paul

Progress?

Returned to retailer on Friday, who will send to Hull Cartridge this week. Will report on progress. David

Fixed!

Rifle returned by Skipton gun room and repaired, indexing mechanism has been redesigned. Now working properly, and I'm a happy bunny, but the bunnies aren't happy! David