Thread: bsa

bsa

im going to get this wrong but here goes got a1914 bsa mk2 i think cant do pics till my daughter comes over its not in great condition but fires stock got chunck out of bottom and bits are missing off cocking lever and front sight on barrel missing you will see on pic later the number by trigger isnos 77994 and the one on the cocking lever is876-o425763 i no it will be difficult to value with out pics but any rough ideas and should it be left or restored many thank in advance jr

old gun

That it fires still means its a runner not a bitsa . Foresight bit can be bought new / used from Protek or Airgunspares/Gunspares and not a lot from memory . Not sure what you mean by bits missing off the underlever ?

great

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    That it fires still means its a runner not a bitsa . Foresight bit can be bought new / used from Protek or Airgunspares/Gunspares and not a lot from memory . Not sure what you mean by bits missing off the underlever ?
    thank for that any idea about value please.sorry i ment cocking leaver

Old gun

Well Cocking Lever / Underlever , unless you mean the Tap Lever ? the small lever that flips up and down to load a pellet ? Bigger parts such as these command bigger money as the prices on the websites mentioned above will show . If tap lever is missing that is fixable but the orginal is more
    desirable .Screws are a nuisance and for what they are are very big money if bought over the counter .
    From what you are saying its a running project for sure . These sorts of guns turn up and don' t sell for a lot but somebody may want parts from yours to finish a better one they have , and so the prices offered can be generous pro rata for a rusty old thing . We would rather have pics posted before trying to give a valuation but this sort of gun in this description I have been offered by dealers at £70-£85 they having them at auction for far far less . Think I need to spend less time buying from dealers Without seeing pics of exactly what is there or not there on this gun I'd say no more than the above and most likely a bit less .
    I'd keep it if I was you , spend a little on it as needed over time ( hurts less ) then sell it when its up together for more . But you may have been bittern by the vintage airgun bug by then .

Quote Originally Posted by jack russel View Post
    im going to get this wrong but here goes got a1914 bsa mk2 i think cant do pics till my daughter comes over its not in great condition but fires stock got chunck out of bottom and bits are missing off cocking lever and front sight on barrel missing you will see on pic later the number by trigger isnos 77994 and the one on the cocking lever is876-o425763 i no it will be difficult to value with out pics but any rough ideas and should it be left or restored many thank in advance jr
    Hello,

As you rightly suggest, Ser No 77994 would probably have been one of the last BSA Improved Mod Ds to leave the factory in 1914.

I would recommend that you lightly restore / clean it up and bring it up to a fully functional standard without spending too much in the process. You would never recoup the cost of a full restoration which is something that I wouldn't personally consider.

Hope you get it back in use soon.

Regards
    Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 18-08-2017 at 02:08 PM.

ok

thanks you all for your advise think i will lightly restore it again big thanks.next were do i get the spare ???

Quote Originally Posted by jack russel View Post
    thanks you all for your advise think i will lightly restore it again big thanks.next were do i get the spare ???
    Hello,

Unfortunately, over the counter spares are not all that readily available for these early rifles.

I would try posting a request on here first and then contact Protek Supplies (http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/) down in darkest Bognor. It would also be useful to keep an eye out on that well known internet auction site.

Just to be clear when looking for spares, your rifle is 1914 BSA Improved Mod D.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 18-08-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Sources

For where to go , as mentioned above :
    Protek
    Airgunspares
    Gunspares

Just Google and you find yur way .
    If the Tap is the broken piece you were referring to then the middle source has them but brace yourself .

brill

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

Unfortunately, over the counter spares are not all that readily available for these early rifles.

I would try posting a request on here first and then contact Protek Supplies (http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/) down in darkest Bognor. It would also be useful to keep an eye out on that well known internet auction site.

Just to be clear when looking for spares, your rifle is 1914 BSA Improved Mod D.

Regards

Brian
    once again many thanks brain

ok

For where to go , as mentioned above :
    Protek
    Airgunspares
    Gunspares

Just Google and you find yur way .
    If the Tap is the broken piece you were referring to then the middle source has them but brace yourself .
    many thank jimmy for your input thanks