Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Tracker

Webley Tracker

This is nice, http://www.shellysguns.co.uk/index.p...ley-tracker-22 always fancied one from when i first saw one in the littlewoods catalogue, where they any good i remember reading an article in Airgun World about the tracker in a larger calibre in a scandanavian country being used to great effect all with open sights, apparently the power limit was pellet speed not energy the speed may have been 600fps but they were using .25 and upwards i think, it was a long time ago, wonder if anyone could dig up that article id love to read it again.
    Later i got a RWS 52 only because it came along, it was big.

Tyrolean

Thats a rarely seen one in fancier walnut unlike the standard Walnut Deluxe ,but any would do me ! I never heard of Shelly's Guns - thought it was a Gunshop and was frantically grabbing my debit card ......
    Cannot remember the Webley nomenclature off hand . Adverts in AW showed this . Then the barmy camo version and rather more subtle all-black version . Again cannot remember the official Model i.d's for these .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Thats a rarely seen one in fancier walnut unlike the standard Walnut Deluxe ,but any would do me ! I never heard of Shelly's Guns - thought it was a Gunshop and was frantically grabbing my debit card ......
    Cannot remember the Webley nomenclature off hand . Adverts in AW showed this . Then the barmy camo version and rather more subtle all-black version . Again cannot remember the official Model i.d's for these .
    If I remember right I saw a camouflage tracker in a magazine early 2000s .2003 I think. Hydrographic 's did the stocks as they also did bits for CCM motorbikes at the same time. Only CCM went bust ( again) and hydrographic 's never got paid by them so they kept the parts and sold them themselves .

Not sure if all the trackers done in camo were hydrodipoed but the ones in the magazine were as I'm sure the magazine showed the CCM parts also.

I'm sure it was realtree and not the older cam webley did . The green and black one.
    Last edited by bighit; 18-08-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    That's sweet - L/H too...

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    If I remember right I saw a camouflage tracker in a magazine early 2000s .2003 I think. Hydrographic 's did the stocks as they also did bits for CCM motorbikes at the same time. Only CCM went bust ( again) and hydrographic 's never got paid by them so they kept the parts and sold them themselves .

Not sure if all the trackers done in camo were hydrodipoed but the ones in the magazine were as I'm sure the magazine showed the CCM parts also.

I'm sure it was realtree and not the older cam webley did . The green and black one.

My memory is as far as time frame very rusty on this bighit but think the camo version I remember was well old and before Realtree was invented I fear .
    This hobby never ceases to surprise and you learn new things every year but the camo that I have seen was in a rudimentary 'spray and gaffer' tape job . I think others have described its as utterly awful . Original and genuine but awful

Addendum Just reread the above Blogger's post and they mention the Tracker and Viscount lasted right up till 2000 ?

My memory is as far as time frame very rusty on this bighit but think the camo version I remember was well old and before Realtree was invented I fear .
    This hobby never ceases to surprise and you learn new things every year but the camo that I have seen was in a rudimentary 'spray and gaffer' tape job . I think others have described its as utterly awful . Original and genuine but awful

Addendum Just reread the above Blogger's post and they mention the Tracker and Viscount lasted right up till 2000 ?
    I'm sure it was the tracker . I was working in bausch and lomb making contact lenses at the time . I started there in 2003 and left 2004.

I was shown the article as I had spoken to the guy that showed me as I told him previously I had a webley osprey in the 90s.

Maybe I'm wrong. It was a side lever rifle.

BAR had one for sale . Not on their site now though. Not sure if it was a factory dipped one though but looked like the one I saw in the magazine
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv15vqfwme...06-57.png?dl=0
    Last edited by bighit; 18-08-2017 at 03:10 PM.

The mid eighties camo Tracker was paint as was the black one.

The Tyro was a custom special by Webley or you could have a sporter stock.

had 1 of these,bought it off js ramsbottom 1994-95,was a canny rifle,not as good as springers i got now hw95k and hw99s but it was still decent,bad recoil i seem to remember these trackers.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I'm sure it was the tracker . I was working in bausch and lomb making contact lenses at the time . I started there in 2003 and left 2004.

I was shown the article as I had spoken to the guy that showed me as I told him previously I had a webley osprey in the 90s.

Maybe I'm wrong. It was a side lever rifle.

BAR had one for sale . Not on their site now though. Not sure if it was a factory dipped one though but looked like the one I saw in the magazine
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zv15vqfwme...06-57.png?dl=0
    Ahhh now thats nice . The camo that Webley did previously looked nowt like this - believe me its awful .

Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    had 1 of these,bought it off js ramsbottom 1994-95,was a canny rifle,not as good as springers i got now hw95k and hw99s but it was still decent,bad recoil i seem to remember these trackers.

Like anything I suppose its got to be worth tuning one up to see how better they can be .
    Its the triggers I remember being said by people that were really basic .

Just did a Google and it cam right back to here :
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-Tracker-Cammo

and its got PICS .

Ahhh now thats nice . The camo that Webley did previously looked nowt like this - believe me its awful .
    Yeah. I have seen them. A friend nearly bought one. I thought it was a diy job. Looked awful.

End of Tracker production

Told you . Lol . That one you seen is later . Still don't understand how they ( Webley ) were letting these out after what I thought was the end of production . Mystery will be revealed by someone here am sure .

Told you . Lol . That one you seen is later . Still don't understand how they ( Webley ) were letting these out after what I thought was the end of production . Mystery will be revealed by someone here am sure .
    Limited edition? Trying to get rid of stock.

I read that one of the camouflage series was only out for 6 months. Possibly the DIY green and black ones .

Webley were in dire straits in the early 2000s, before going bust on 04. When they went bust, everything was up for grabs, cheap.

It wouldn't surprise me if before they went broke, they were also flogging off whatever they had lying around unsold for whatever the trade would pay in an effort to stay afloat.

That would explain things like "new" Trackers and Viscounts being available years after production ceased. That, and/or old stock guns sitting in wholesalers' warehouses and on dealers' shelves.

There were a few long barrel trackers about.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.