Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW97 Paul Short titanium piston kit - superb stuff!

Evening Neil,
    Two questions? Firstly, why has the BBQ been relegated in this video? Secondly, can I please try this one at the bash?
    This one really appears to not move at all throughout the shot cycle, I think this is possibly the way forward for my early 77.
    See you in a couple of weeks,
    Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Evening Neil,
    Two questions? Firstly, why has the BBQ been relegated in this video? Secondly, can I please try this one at the bash?
    This one really appears to not move at all throughout the shot cycle, I think this is possibly the way forward for my early 77.
    See you in a couple of weeks,
    Jamie.
    First - the BBQ has been relegated for this video as the garage is getting fuller by the day. Serious clean out required when we have finished moving stuff about.

Second - if I can make the next bash of course I will be there and this gun will of course be there. As always, anyone who wants to try my guns and have a shoot with them are more than welcome to do so. I have had another hour or so with it today and I am really enjoying it. Every tuned gun has its own 'feel' and this one certainly seems to suit me - I also like the fact it is producing the 11.4 ft lbs straight away Lovely stuff so far ....
    Last edited by neil180; 19-08-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    First - the BBQ has been relegated for this video as the garage is getting fuller by the day. Serious clean out required when we have finished moving stuff about.

Second - if I can make the next bash of course I will be there and this gun will of course be there. As always, anyone who wants to try my guns and have a shoot with them are of course more than welcome to do so. I have had another hour or so with it today and I am really enjoying it. Every tuned gun has its own 'feel' and this one certainly seems to suit me - I also like the fact it is producing the 11.4 ft lbs straight away Lovely stuff so far ....
    It looks fantastic Neil, as you know I'm looking at 77's & 97's currently & this looks like top value. I also would love to sample the delights of your 97's just to see what the differences in the "feel" of them are as you are describing. I believe it'll really help me decide how I'd like to go about tuning My 77 or 97 when I get it. I'm also presuming that the CS stock you have is a 700? It looks nice & is making me wonder if actually this is the way I'd like to go.. I know I love my Evo with cs800.
    Really interesting stuff Neil, thanks for the video!
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    It looks fantastic Neil, as you know I'm looking at 77's & 97's currently & this looks like top value. I also would love to sample the delights of your 97's just to see what the differences in the "feel" of them are as you are describing. I believe it'll really help me decide how I'd like to go about tuning My 77 or 97 when I get it. I'm also presuming that the CS stock you have is a 700? It looks nice & is making me wonder if actually this is the way I'd like to go.. I know I love my Evo with cs800.
    Really interesting stuff Neil, thanks for the video!
    Rhys
    Yes its the CS700. I will make sure that if I am free to come to the bash I will bring all 3 of my 97s although there may be another state of tune for one of them by then We shall see. As for my love of the 97 - its purely down to the feel of the gun - I like the way they feel in the shoulder more than any other springer I have used. Great guns and fun to tune
    Last edited by neil180; 19-08-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Right - possible bad news.

The springer bash weekend is a very bad time for me. That weekend I have to be at an England Darts Organisation meeting so I wont be there on the Saturday and Sunday.

However I can happily attend on Friday and stay pretty much as long as I need to for folks to have ago with this rifle should they want to.

Sorry about this chaps - just bad timing....

Or of course if you are ever around my neck of the woods you are welcome to pop round and give it a go

How do you think your old favourite Nickg hybrid compares to the Paul Short titanium Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Right - possible bad news.

The springer bash weekend is a very bad time for me. That weekend I have to be at an England Darts Organisation meeting so I wont be there on the Saturday and Sunday.

However I can happily attend on Friday and stay pretty much as long as I need to for folks to have ago with this rifle should they want to.

Sorry about this chaps - just bad timing....

Or of course if you are ever around my neck of the woods you are welcome to pop round and give it a go
    That's alright Neil, there's plenty of time :-) I may even arrange a trip to see my brother in hinkley another time especially
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by nick-nic View Post
    How do you think your old favourite Nickg hybrid compares to the Paul Short titanium Neil.
    You can judge for yourself when you have a go with it mate