Thread: FWB Sport Replacement Trigger Unit

FWB Sport Replacement Trigger Unit

Just curious, has anyone tried to / successfully fitted a replacement trigger unit to a FWB Sport ? Thnking AA CD or HW Rekord unit, or anything else ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

The Record has been done but it involves a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Just curious, has anyone tried to / successfully fitted a replacement trigger unit to a FWB Sport ? Thnking AA CD or HW Rekord unit, or anything else ?
    IIRC BBS member Rustybuzz sold a Feinwerkbau Sport action on here fitted with a Rekord trigger unit.

I looked at doing it by machining a Weihrauch 35 back block down to fit the sport cylinder, unfortunately after three years, I'm still waiting of delivery of the Sport.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    IIRC BBS member Rustybuzz sold a Feinwerkbau Sport action on here fitted with a Rekord trigger unit.

I looked at doing it by machining a Weihrauch 35 back block down to fit the sport cylinder, unfortunately after three years, I'm still waiting of delivery of the Sport.

All the best Mick
    You can borrow my 127
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    what's wrong with your existing trigger ? They can be made quite nice for a lot less work...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have a 127 that had a plastic trigger. Nothing really wrong with it except the safety was a tad temperamental ... a reasonable pull on the trigger overcame the safety.
    So, for a bit of fun because I was bored and too tight to buy a new metal blade, I made a new blade from aluminium bar. It took a while with files, drills, a tap (was it 3mm?), a small vice and a hacksaw but it worked. Great fun ....
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    what's wrong with your existing trigger ? They can be made quite nice for a lot less work...
    I was curious as to whether someone had done it, I otherwise love the Sport, simple solid engineering and good looks and accurate, just a shame the trigger mech isn't on a par with the Rekord CD

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I was curious as to whether someone had done it, I otherwise love the Sport, simple solid engineering and good looks and accurate, just a shame the trigger mech isn't on a par with the Rekord CD
    sure, but with a bit of adjustment, it can be made pretty close; certainly creep free and predicatable
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.